Jim Boeheim post game press conference vs. Iowa | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim post game press conference vs. Iowa

It is painful to hear him repeatedly say “we’re not making shots.”

We make shots against Bucknell. We don’t make shots against good teams. “They just gotta keep shooting” is a terrible answer. Would love a member of the press to ask about this correlation.

He made light shots against Goodine, Hughes.

“There’s a lot of bad out there, not much good.”

He took no accountability. One bit. I don’t expect coach-speak from a man of his tenure, but the lack of even a passing “my bad” makes me worry that our beloved leader has a potential god complex.

Sigh.

We make shots against Bucknell. We don’t make shots against good teams. “They just gotta keep shooting” is a terrible answer. Would love a member of the press to ask about this correlation.

He took no accountability. One bit. I don’t expect coach-speak from a man of his tenure, but the lack of even a passing “my bad” makes me worry that our beloved leader has a potential god complex.

Sigh.
Yup you recruited these guys Jimmy this is on you.

Sigh.

God complex, really?

What he is saying is those guys are capable shooters and can't lose confidence so they need to continue to shoot. He also mentioned have to continue looking to drive.

He also was saying with a young team it's hard to continue to throw new things into the offense.

I thought his press conference was honest... we are not a good team but they will continue to work hard and practice.

Sigh.
Most people (absolutely me), and at least those with any understanding of basketball whatsoever, have been joking about the “make more shots” schtick that repeatedly gets said in pressers for years now.

It’s ridiculous stuff. It does make me laugh though so that’s cool.

The whole "we're not making shots" is so tired. Why can't we get good looks, coach? Why do we have no post game to get some easy shots and utilize inside out passes, if defenders sag off shooters, coach? How bad will we look when we play the top teams in the ACC, coach?

God complex, really?

What he is saying is those guys are capable shooters and can't lose confidence so they need to continue to shoot. He also mentioned have to continue looking to drive.

He also was saying with a young team it's hard to continue to throw new things into the offense.

I thought his press conference was honest... we are not a good team but they will continue to work hard and practice.

This team stinks by Syracuse standards because of who he has successfully recruited.

This is the worst start since the 1960s.

We can’t blame probation. Or anything else.

We are getting picked apart by goodish teams not great ones.

It is bad.

The CEO of four decades has to shoulder more responsibility - any responsibility - versus looping it on whatever 19 or 20-year old he’s calling out on any given night.

So don’t confuse youth for a lack of ability. This is modern day college basketball where top teams have younger/better talent with some experienced role players going against mediocre programs with experience.

We are neither. And it literally falls on the shoulder of one person.

Most people (absolutely me), and at least those with any understanding of basketball whatsoever, have been joking about the “make more shots” schtick that repeatedly gets said in pressers for years now.

It’s ridiculous stuff. It does make me laugh though so that’s cool.
Yeah. When you have an occasional bad game in the midst of a good season you can chalk it up a bad shooting night. When bad shooting seems to be your identity, that doesn't fly.

This team has no backup center or SG. You wonder why we have issues scoring and with toughness in the middle. We just got a bad roll. Play on. Most years we would have 3 guards averaging about 35 points on 40% shooting. This year its 4 guards averaging around 20 in 23% shooting in big games and were a offensive team. Its lack of seniority this year.

Yeah I just don't know what anyone expects him to say. The players aren't good enough to beat Top 50-60 teams and the program is as stale as a 5-day old donut.
Say something like, "This is on the coaching staff, and as the head coach that means it's on me. It's my job to get these guys ready, and they just weren't."

He doesn't have to say his players suck or call out individuals or talk about how horrible the recruiting has been. Him taking responsibility covers all kinds of ills and removes pressure from a bunch of young overmatched players while not giving promises of a miraculous turn around.

Last edited:
This team has no backup center or SG. You wonder why we have issues scoring and with toughness in the middle. We just got a bad roll. Play on. Most years we would have 3 guards averaging about 35 points on 40% shooting. This year its 4 guards averaging around 20 in 23% shooting in big games. Its lack of seniority this year.
I actually think we lack starters at those positions... and probably every other. The players we put on the floor would make good backups for the caliber of player we used to have.

Say something like, "This is on the coaching staff, and as the head coach that means it's on me. It's my job to get these guys ready, and they just weren't."

He doesn't have to say his players suck or call out individuals or talk about how horrible the recruiting has been. Him taking responsibility covers all kinds of ills and removes pressure from a bunch of young overmatched players while not promises of a miraculous turn around.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

He doesn't have to say his players suck or call out individuals or talk about how horrible the recruiting has been. Him taking responsibility covers all kinds of ills and removes pressure from a bunch of young overmatched players while not promises of a miraculous turn around.
Without accountability, there is no leadership.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that.
Believe me, I won't. Watching this program for over 30 years has taught me what to expect. That's why the suckitude we have fallen to is so frustrating.

This team stinks by Syracuse standards because of who he has successfully recruited.

This is the worst start since the 1960s.

We can’t blame probation. Or anything else.

We are getting picked apart by goodish teams not great ones.

It is bad.

The CEO of four decades has to shoulder more responsibility - any responsibility - versus looping it on whatever 19 or 20-year old he’s calling out on any given night.

So don’t confuse youth for a lack of ability. This is modern day college basketball where top teams have younger/better talent with some experienced role players going against mediocre programs with experience.

We are neither. And it literally falls on the shoulder of one person.
[/QUOTE

Yea sounds like a god complex

Seems like your reply is more venting than a response to what I said.

Not that I mentioned recruiting but we have been getting the best of the rest. It seems like Syracuse is not or really has ever been a recruiting juggernaut. We just haven't had guys stay long enough or been hitting on the diamonds in the rough.

And it could fall on Syracuse not exactly being a dreamy location weather wise for recruits...half joking

There’s not much he can say, but it sure would be nice to hear just one comment in those 7 minutes that puts any of the responsibility on himself and his staff. Just a whole lot of variations on “they’re better/we can’t compete” with a weird dig at Goodine and a direct shot at Hughes for being too selfish.

But hey, he didn’t bully a 19 year old DO reporter, so probably best to chalk this presser up as a win and move on.

We have not seen this lack of success in 50 years through eight games.

The losses we have had in the past week have been against middle-of-the-pack teams.

The ACC is about to start, a league that includes four of the top 11 teams.

We have not showed progress.

The program’s CEO has not taken any accountability publicly about where we are at.

I’m not sure where I am being irrational or dismissive in the above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom