Jim Boeheim Post game presser... | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Post game presser...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Last edited:
"awfully close " repeated again and again is bad mantra. it generally means "off target".

"awfully close " repeated again and again is bad mantra. it generally means "off target".
You know how they call guys in the NBA "volume scorers" that score a lot but need a lot of shots to get those points?

Cooney's kinda sorta maybe approaching the territory where we can call him a "volume deep threat" or something like that.:noidea:

You know how they call guys in the NBA "volume scorers" that score a lot but need a lot of shots to get those points?

Cooney's kinda sorta maybe approaching the territory where we can call him a "volume deep threat" or something like that.:noidea:

Until he goes 7 for 12 again. I have the feeling he can do that. Maybe he goes Southerland for us in the tournaments.

Lol, a volume deep threat means bad 3 point shooter.

Until he goes 7 for 12 again. I have the feeling he can do that. Maybe he goes Southerland for us in the tournaments.

He had a decent amount of wide open looks today - those are the ones he has to be making.

For What He's Supposed To Be For This Team, He's Not Getting It Done.

He's Been A Problem.

Interesting how for JB, some guys who miss are "close to making" more and other guys "didnt help us at all". When you are in JB's dog house, expect the lifted leg treatment. If you live in the main house, your business doesnt stink.

Just to note, I like TC. He works his tail off out there. He just is generally not delivering.

After Cooney finally hit the 3, his next 2 were incredibly close. They could have easily have fallen in. I was encouraged by that.
As opposed to huge misses before he hit the 3.

After Cooney finally hit the 3, his next 2 were incredibly close. They could have easily have fallen in. I was encouraged by that.
As opposed to huge misses before he hit the 3.
All his shots are pretty good. He doesn't miss by much. The weird part is he seems to be playing like a spaz recently. When he drives...yikes!

Cuse.com, (the SU Athletics website) listed his presser as "Heim FSU presser":

http://cuse.com/

(scroll down to the videos at the bottom)

Cooney's been awful. He's not an awful player, but lately he has been awful.

Interesting how for JB, some guys who miss are "close to making" more and other guys "didnt help us at all". When you are in JB's dog house, expect the lifted leg treatment. If you live in the main house, your business doesnt stink.

Just to note, I like TC. He works his tail off out there. He just is generally not delivering.
from mailman to delivery boy. We need the mailman.

You have to keep running plays for Cooney and Cooney has to keep shooting - if for no other reason than the fact that teams still need to defend against his threat, and that threat helps to balance the O and keep floor spread.

Cooney needs to keep shooting...

If Cooney hits 33 percent of his shots and that alone will help the team.

You have to keep running plays for Cooney and Cooney has to keep shooting - if for no other reason than the fact that teams still need to defend against his threat, and that threat helps to balance the O and keep floor spread.

He has been a momentum killer for us on offense when he's supposed to be the spark.

He has been a momentum killer for us on offense when he's supposed to be the spark.
Except, of course, when he nailed those two 3s after FSU had cut the lead to one point and SU went on the run to secure the win.

Except, of course, when he nailed those two 3s after FSU had cut the lead to one point and SU went on the run to secure the win.
Great minds think alike :)

Any jamokes ask why Robby didn't play?
Just a few on our site that seem to have that as their only goal in life. I.E. wonder why player, fill in the blank, didn't get any PT. It only makes sense. They are all studs and JB just doesn't get it. Now if I were coach they would all get 40 minutes per game, all 12 of them, and we would be undefeated.

There now. Sarcasm fix for the day and I feel better. The wife will be happy I didn't use it on her again. I feel better as I won't get hit up side the head again. (hey its kept us together for 42 years!)

True. There was one play in the second half where Ennis received it at the top of the key, faked a pass to Cooney on the wing and the whole defense shifted. Ennis drove through a gaping hole in the lane and dumped it off to Jeremi (I believe) who got fouled. After just one or two makes, the defense will start to react.

Yeah he was horrible yesterday when FSU went on that run and he hit those 2 3's to give SU the momentum back.
The problem is everyone want him to be G-Mac (including G-Mac) and he's just not - so there is too much emphasis on getting him going when there is no evidence that he has the ability to shoot at a high level over an extended period of time. I'm not saying you don't give him the ball to shoot - but when you do it ten/fifteen times and get nothing we are going to lose or be in close games that should be blowouts. I just think that everyone including the coaching staff cuts him a ton of slack when there are times he's doing worse than nothing.

The problem is everyone want him to be G-Mac (including G-Mac) and he's just not - so there is too much emphasis on getting him going when there is no evidence that he has the ability to shoot at a high level over an extended period of time. I'm not saying you don't give him the ball to shoot - but when you do it ten/fifteen times and get nothing we are going to lose or be in close games that should be blowouts. I just think that everyone including the coaching staff cuts him a ton of slack when there are times he's doing worse than nothing.

I don't think this is fair. #1 he has proven he can shoot at a high level for 15 or so games (~50% fro the first half of the season), that seems pretty extended, and #2 he is the only true shooter that plays right now. We can't survive takin 95% 2-point shots and if somebody is going to take 3's it should be Cooney. The only adjustment I would make, which we saw a little of yesterday, is to not look to him as the #1 option on the break unless he is already hitting. Not only has that caused us to come away with zero points on many fast breask, it slows down our break as Ennis waits to see if he can get an open look for Cooney. Lots of times that doesn't materialize but Ennis has to pull the all out and cycle into the half-court O.