Jim Boeheim talked about UNC and wasn’t happy with the NCAA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim talked about UNC and wasn’t happy with the NCAA

Someone on their board claimed jim beats Juli and someone else claimed Juli shoved their 72 year old mother into the ran. Let's just say they aren't dealing in facts.
I doubt those are alums, or maybe they are ... with AFAM degrees.

How does a coach know that a class is legit or not when the entire student body is taking it? Can't see JB going into a class room or asking about courses someone is taking to see if it's legit.

I can see Roy being off the hook, but as a school I think penalties should be far greater than some NCAA violations and their accreditation should be in question.
I believe their accreditation was reviewed and/or they were "suspended" for about a year. In retrospect that's the only penalty they suffered for 18 years of getting over. Simply put, its not worth it to stay legit.
I hope some of these UNC fans criticizing JB show their faces here, so I can tear them apart. What a farce they are.
Don't bother- these goobers down here, and that's not ALL UNC fans of course, are shameless. The rational UNC fans I talk to are more ashamed than anything else. But even they get a little self-righteous in defending the indefensible.

The vacated wins is what continues to urk me the most. Not just for JB, but even more so for Syracuse University. I believe if we got those wins back, it would place us back where SU belongs (the top echelon historically) relative to programs/schools with the most wins. I wish the university would fight this somehow, maybe it's too late to do that legally?

That is the single biggest problem I have with the whole UNC thing. Williams can play the ignorant, "aw shucks, guys, I had no idea this was going on" card and get away with it. He knew EXACTLY what was going on. That country bumpkin routine is old and tired. Roy Williams is a very smart guy. He lied through his teeth, and everyone, including UNC fans, know it. He should be looking at an ACC suspension and at least one less title to his name. To see him try and defend himself and the program is laughable. Just admit that you knew and be the bigger man, coach.

Guess Kansas didn't cheat enough that he could win titles there. ;)

The fact that he didn't have wins vacated and JB did will always be a sore spot. The only way the NCAA can make this right is to reinstate JB's wins...because it's BS.

NCAA - North Carolina Athletic Association
I thought the whole idea of the lack of control label, was that the coach can't even say the "aw shucks thing?" Whether he knew or not is irrelevant...he should have known what was going on with his players. Therefor he was not in control of his program. I guess this is confusing me. Am I thinking this correctly?

Not to mention that they didn't cooperate, fired the whistle blower, and funded two (or was it 3?) white wash internal investigations. The cynic in me believes they intentionally let in an equal number of non-athletes just so they could point to that if they got caught.

At least it should be clear to everyone now, between this and the recent arrests, college BB is corrupt. It should also be said that the NCAA is corrupt because so many of its members are.

Do you really need to be a cynic to believe that? Even Gary Parrish basically said that happened. The student body is .3% or whatever athletes and those classes were 45%. That non-athlete point being their "Look, See!" Exhibit A defense this whole time is such a joke.

I understand that. I think our penalty was way to harsh and the NCAA are unethical fools and I hate how many rules unc and Duke and Kentucky break with no ramifications. They are the establishment we aren't. The NCAA I think still hates all the original big east schools because they didn't see us coming in the early 80's and we side swiped their cash cow.
I understand Kentucky and Carolina, but what rules has Duke broken? Not apologists for them; just don't know/remember. Thanks!

I understand Kentucky and Carolina, but what rules has Duke broken? Not apologists for them; just don't know/remember. Thanks!
Thomas somehow had large amounts of jewelry whil being an amateur, Maggette got money from agent while playing there (not vacated wins or that final 4), boosters gave jobs to parents of Boozer and Duhon that were above market rate for the positions and I believe they didn't even go.

The vacated wins is what continues to urk me the most. Not just for JB, but even more so for Syracuse University. I believe if we got those wins back, it would place us back where SU belongs (the top echelon historically) relative to programs/schools with the most wins. I wish the university would fight this somehow, maybe it's too late to do that legally?
I'm pretty sure we have a few layers on here, can anyone take a guess at what it would cost to fight a case like this? Is it only 10's of thousands? Or is more like several hundred thousand or maybe even several millions? I have no idea what a serious legal fight would cost.

I'm pretty sure we have a few layers on here, can anyone take a guess at what it would cost to fight a case like this? Is it only 10's of thousands? Or is more like several hundred thousand or maybe even several millions? I have no idea what a serious legal fight would cost.
What caused the NCAA to relent on Paterno? What excuse did they give? That might provide guidelines for us. But I am sure it also cost beaucoup bucks, and Penn State was happy to spend that money.

What caused the NCAA to relent on Paterno? What excuse did they give? That might provide guidelines for us. But I am sure it also cost beaucoup bucks, and Penn State was happy to spend that money.
I believe, and I'm not even joking about this, that Penn St. showed that they had stopped harboring child predators.

What do we want to fight exactly?

Thomas somehow had large amounts of jewelry whil being an amateur, Maggette got money from agent while playing there (not vacated wins or that final 4), boosters gave jobs to parents of Boozer and Duhon that were above market rate for the positions and I believe they didn't even go.
They also cloned Plumlees for like 7 years & Greg Paulus got away with head-butting far too many groins.

Good for JB. He wasn't afraid to speak the truth, a character trait I highly admire!

As someone who lives in NC I'd say about 90% or more of those I have spoken with here about UNC show very little insight. They fail to see that what UNC did was far worse than anything that took place at Syracuse. There is definitely a sense of entitlement, and infallibility.

That said there are a few fans that admit that they should have been punished. One even said UNC is an embarrassment.

It's hard being a 'Cuse fan in NC, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love talking smack with the Dukies and Heels fans.