Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim

more-with-less.png

Not enough is being said about the guy considering he took a team with 2.5 scorers and six healthy scholarship players to the dance.

He can stay for as long as he wants.
A lot of sallies around here would disagree with you.

Of course a lot of them do possess state of the art motion offenses that would have us sitting as the #1 overall seed right now. Lol.

Jimmy is Syracuse basketball.

A phrase I've heard several times today: "This is one of Jim Boeheim's best coaching jobs." Was it? It would be hard to tell reading this board, (and I've had my share of complaints about the offensive scheme). But it would be hard to draw negative conclusions overall about a coach whose team lost one guy early to the NBA, another who never showed up, another who left the team, another who tore his ACL and had several others guys miss time due to various injuries. He got us through the blizzard and into the Big Dance . I'm not going to complain about the music.

Last edited:
Not sure whether more credit is due to Jim or to tyus, frank, oshae and paschal each playing over their heads this year with moyer and marek contributing as well.

Takes a lot of mental and physical toughness. Not just going to dub Jim the Merlin

Not sure whether more credit is due to Jim or to tyus, frank, oshae and paschal each playing over their heads this year with moyer and marek contributing as well.

Takes a lot of mental and physical toughness. Not just going to dub Jim the Merlin
No one played over their heads.

Tell that to UConn and some of the other programs that floundered due to lack of direction and leadership on the bench. There’s loads of teams in Cbb with more talent than our motley crew, yet they’re watching from home!
JB is not Merlin, but he is by far the biggest asset this program has ever had. This year was just more proof of that undeniable fact. JMHO

Let's see if I have this straight.

When SU loses it's due to poor schemes, overly tired players and poor recruiting.

When SU wins it's due to players playing over their heads?

I give him credit. Even those of us that can be critical of him will openly admit he's a coaching legend.

The credit I give is similar to that I gave McDermott in Buffalo. Led a team with some talent but glaring deficiencies to the point where if we got a break or two, we were in the tourney/playoffs. Both were/are deserving of praise but it's not anything i'm going to shout from the mountain tops over.

Let's see if I have this straight.

When SU loses it's due to poor schemes, overly tired players and poor recruiting.

When SU wins it's due to players playing over their heads?
I give him credit but its not some magic act. I think Tyus, Frank and some of the other players rising to the occasion and conquering adversity deserves more spotlight though.

I give him credit but its not some magic act. I think Tyus, Frank and some of the other players rising to the occasion and conquering adversity deserves more spotlight though.

I think Jim would credit the players and that's a credit to him.

I think Jim would credit the players and that's a credit to him.
Unless Tyler Robeson were on the team. If he had anyone else to compliment he would do that first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom