Jim Boehein on Tyler Ennis: 'He's ready to run an NBA team' | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boehein on Tyler Ennis: 'He's ready to run an NBA team'

He did it right the first time around. And he did it right this time around. And he'll do it right next time around.

How do I know this? Because it is in Jim's best interests to do what is right for the program and he makes very few mistakes.

Sounds much like the tone of the original comments.

Yup, except minus all the negatives, and more emphatic on the positives. I'm sure his opinion is exactly the same as it was then, except no negatively spun articles would have been written if he'd just said this to begin with.

Yup, except minus all the negatives, and more emphatic on the positives. I'm sure his opinion is exactly the same as it was then, except no negatively spun articles would have been written if he'd just said this to begin with.

In fairness, the negatively spun articles weren't written by anybody worth a darn.

It's sad when some feel we have to live in a sterile, PC correct atmosphere in all we do and say. Hopefully, we can all feel free to express ourselves without having to fight a media spin on what we really should have said or thought.
But then again, starched collars and lock step protocol have never been my forte.

See my signature.

I don't know, I think Bernenson is getting at the problems with egocentric stubbornness not consistency - I think he's got the wrong word here.

Also kind of funny that (having looked him up as I had no idea who he was), he made his living creating and repeating a narrative about painters from several hundred years before his time - so his expertise was by it's nature incapable of changing, evolving, or modernizing.

It's sad when some feel we have to live in a sterile, PC correct atmosphere in all we do and say. Hopefully, we can all feel free to express ourselves without having to fight a media spin on what we really should have said or thought.
But then again, starched collars and lock step protocol have never been my forte.

God forbid someone should say that a player isn't ready for the nba, you would have thought he kicked his dog and robbed him on the way out.

God forbid someone should say that a player isn't ready for the nba, you would have thought he kicked his dog and robbed him on the way out.

Don't you know? Coaches are supposed to lie, say the player made the right choice and let everybody know that the kid is completely ready for the NBA, with nothing left to work on at the college level.

Duh

All the negatives? How about all the positives and the 1 comment that he could benefit by being stronger? Is that some big secret? You think only JB knows that? Embid could use another year to get stronger too. Even though a few fans and media people want to turn it into something it wasn't, at least Ennis took it all as it was meant and blamed the media. JB making a simple statement like that isn't going to impact his draft status one but. Zip, nada, zero.

All the negatives? How about all the positives and the 1 comment that he could benefit by being stronger? Is that some big secret? You think only JB knows that? Embid could use another year to get stronger too. Even though a few fans and media people want to turn it into something it wasn't, at least Ennis took it all as it was meant and blamed the media. JB making a simple statement like that isn't going to impact his draft status one but. Zip, nada, zero.

Agree with your facts.

disagree that it's not in somewhat poor taste and likely to get spun badly by the media.

I don't know, I think Bernenson is getting at the problems with egocentric stubbornness not consistency - I think he's got the wrong word here.

Also kind of funny that (having looked him up as I had no idea who he was), he made his living creating and repeating a narrative about painters from several hundred years before his time - so his expertise was by it's nature incapable of changing, evolving, or modernizing.
I take it to mean that the world in which we live is constantly changing, and individuals must learn from and adapt to those changes.
Or:

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
tags: consistency, greatness, misunderstood

12. Orlando – Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse
The Magic might need help on the front line after picking Oladipo and Exum. Or maybe it needs a true point guard. Hard to say.

16. Bulls – Glenn Robinson III, SF. Michigan
The Bulls need shooting, and probably wouldn’t pass on Stauskas or LaVine. But if those guys are gone, the Bulls tend to go for athletic players who can become strong defenders. There are probably three guys who fall into the category of hyper-athletic wings who could be available here – Robinson, Clemson’s 6-6 K.J. McDaniels and Syracuse’s 6-8 Jerami Grant.
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/7916

16. Chicago Bulls (from Charlotte) -- Tyler Ennis, G, Syracuse

If not now, then when do the Bulls start considering long-term precautions for The Derrick Rose Situation? Ennis is a great ball handler and passer, and if Rose re-ascends the throne, the Syracuse product could become the undisputed leader of the Bulls' second unit, which would be a best-case scenario for Chicago.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2014/05/2014_nba_mock_draft_cavs_have.html

I thought he got it right both times. He usually does. People on this board who think that JB should follow their little scripts are silly.

That little script helps us land big time players. We already use a defense that is barely used in the NBA and have an aging coach. When you make a comment that a potential lottery pick isn't ready for the NBA, you hurt our chances in recruiting.

Now, JB doesn't have to follow anything. He's his own man and this is his program, but it's being willfully ignorant not to think this is in bad form in terms of helping the program.

30. San Antonio Spurs: PG Tyler Ennis (Syracuse): I admit that Ennis is unlikely to fall to this spot, but if he does, the Spurs will gladly scoop him up. The Spurs could use a young facilitator off the bench.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/17124810-new-user-event
Doc What.jpg

That person should never do another mock draft again. I'm surprised he didn't have Embiid going in the 2nd round due to the back concerns lol.

Orangeyes said:
12. Orlando – Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse The Magic might need help on the front line after picking Oladipo and Exum. Or maybe it needs a true point guard. Hard to say. 16. Bulls – Glenn Robinson III, SF. Michigan The Bulls need shooting, and probably wouldn’t pass on Stauskas or LaVine. But if those guys are gone, the Bulls tend to go for athletic players who can become strong defenders. There are probably three guys who fall into the category of hyper-athletic wings who could be available here – Robinson, Clemson’s 6-6 K.J. McDaniels and Syracuse’s 6-8 Jerami Grant. http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/7916

If the Magic draft Exum, zero reason they would draft Ennis. If the go another direction I don't see them having a problem getting Ennis at 12.

That little script helps us land big time players.

Really? Who? JB doesn't follow anybody's script. Two absolutes with JB. He will say what's on his mind, and he will tell the truth. You're a little sensitive if you think JB's comments hurt the program. A few idiots with blogs got riled up over his opinion and several people here followed suit. JB says things that get under people's skin (usually the same people) several times every year. By your reasoning the program should be in the toilet. Have your seen our recruiting in the past five years? Ten years? It's good. Damn good. And we're landing yet another big fish Saturday. The last thing I want our coach to care about is what other people think he should say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom