Jim Boehein on Tyler Ennis: 'He's ready to run an NBA team' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boehein on Tyler Ennis: 'He's ready to run an NBA team'

Really? Who? JB doesn't follow anybody's script. Two absolutes with JB. He will say what's on his mind, and he will tell the truth. You're a little sensitive if you think JB's comments hurt the program. A few idiots with blogs got riled up over his opinion and several people here followed suit. JB says things that get under people's skin (usually the same people) several times every year. By your reasoning the program should be in the toilet. Have your seen our recruiting in the past five years? Ten years? It's good. Damn good. And we're landing yet another big fish Saturday. The last thing I want our coach to care about is what other people think he should say.

How many other lottery picks has JB openly stated were making bad choices that were coming from Cuse? You don't think he's part salesman? Really?

And do you attribute our recruiting to JB only? Did you have that same feeling when we landed the James Thues/Greg Davis class? His statements impact the work GMac, Red and Hop are doing (and others).

Syracuse is nothing else than a stepping stone to getting to the NBA for elite players. When you have a program head that makes a statement that could adversely impact your draft position, in any capacity, it matters.

How many other lottery picks has JB openly stated were making bad choices that were coming from Cuse? You don't think he's part salesman? Really?

"I think he is a great college player, but I think physically he could have used another year. I think when you get to the NBA, you need to be as physically ready as you can be, so I think Tyler could have benefited from another year, but certainly he is a tremendous player and a very smart point guard."

Not exactly openly stating he made a bad choice. Just an honest assessment, with some very complimentary statements. Of course he's a salesman. He's a college coach. His job is to sell the school to the player, not the player to the NBA.

And do you attribute our recruiting to JB only? Did you have that same feeling when we landed the James Thues/Greg Davis class? His statements impact the work GMac, Red and Hop are doing (and others).

No. I'm well aware of how good our staff is. They seem to be doing great work in spite of JB's repeated efforts to undermine them and bring down the program. Our recruiting is as good or better than ever. Have you ever heard any of the staff talk about JB? They don't sound too upset with him to me. Same with former players. They love him. Not sure what the Thues/Davis classes have to do with this conversation.

Syracuse is nothing else than a stepping stone to getting to the NBA for elite players. When you have a program head that makes a statement that could adversely impact your draft position, in any capacity, it matters.

I haven't heard one statement from JB that could adversely impact anyone's draft position. I think if he said Tyler Ennis sucks, it would have zero impact on TE's draft position.

"That situation, I think the media and the outside people that really don't know the situation kind of got a different angle than (the players) did," Ennis told NBCSports.com. "Even through my decision to enter the draft, I sat down with coach a few times and talked to him. And even to this day we're able to speak and be on the same page. We're both loyal people, we have a good relationship and he just wants what is best for me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom