Jim Delany : B1G could drop to DIII if O'Bannon suit beats NCAA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Delany : B1G could drop to DIII if O'Bannon suit beats NCAA

I wholeheartedly believe athletes should be paid. Simply put, they do more for their scholarship than any academic scholarship is required. Some would say "well the academic scholar makes money for the University after they graduate". Well I say the athletes make money for the University while they are in school. These are actual arguments I have had with professors. Lets not forget athletes risk future health by playing sports. Not so much for the academic scholar.
Good thing they already are paid with their tuition and board. WELL paid, especially for kids out of high school.

As a proud dad of a daughter who is a college student athlete playing for a DIII institution she works as hard and as many hours as any DI football player and yes pays her own way so I feel getting a$30-$50k per year full ride is plenty payment enough, and as a Biochem major she definitley has to spend at leat 3 hours outside of class for every hour in class including training games and travel. Oh and she had scholarship hours but chose to play where she is because of academics and school size etc Go Centenary Ladies!