F Pitt

• F Pitt

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • F Pitt

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Watching the Mid Tenn - Tennessee game . Dykes brings up his favourite topic - Kentucky.

Mentions that Kentucky was very lucky that Indiana advanced rather then VCU. States that Indiana is a team that UK matches up really well against and its a style that will not work against them. It is a style they dominate. Is this guy for real?

Jimmy blacked out the first time they played. Very traumatic for him.

I used to really like Jimmy Dykes back in the day when he did the midnight Mountain West games on ESPN. Which leads me to wonder if he has gotten more obnoxious or I suck at judging people...

I firmly believe that Kentucky would win 9 out of 10 games played in this exact scenario with these exact teams. Hell, I might even go with 19 out of 20. But I am not naive enough to discount the possibility that the 1 out of 10 or 20 could be Friday. I like UK's odds, of course, but this is called March Madness for a reason.

He was an assistant coach at Kentucky. He goes overboard with his Kentucky love, but Jay Bilas is the same way for Syracuse he ALWAYS says the positive thing for our program. Instead, Bilas doesn't act like Baghdad Bob for the Syracuse program as Dykes and Nessler do for Kentucky.

I don't see what the big deal is. If he wanted to be a UK homer he could just as easily say it's a tough matchup so he has an excuse if it's a close game or say "omg this team is even better than I thought" if it's a blowout. Is the point that it's a bad matchup because they lost at the buzzer on the road when Davis was in foul trouble and IU nailed a bunch of 3's? I agree w/ those saying this game is a blowout.

Kentucky will beat that team by 25 points.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

What's the line for that game?

I really think UK wins by at least 20. They're going to want to hand a serious beatdown on IU - and they will.

I really think UK wins by at least 20. They're going to want to hand a serious beatdown on IU - and they will.
9...odd line. I'd give the 9 all day long

First off I never said Indiana will win or anything close to that.

The point is that Dykes went out of his way to say how lucky UK was to be playing Indiana rather then VCU. It was childish.

I don't see what the big deal is. If he wanted to be a UK homer he could just as easily say it's a tough matchup so he has an excuse if it's a close game or say "omg this team is even better than I thought" if it's a blowout. Is the point that it's a bad matchup because they lost at the buzzer on the road when Davis was in foul trouble and IU nailed a bunch of 3's? I agree w/ those saying this game is a blowout.

No, the point is that it is foolish for him to pound his chest as a Kentucky loyalist and proclaim it to be a great matchup for UK without acknowledging that they lost earlier in the season to Indiana.

No, the point is that it is foolish for him to pound his chest as a Kentucky loyalist and proclaim it to be a great matchup for UK without acknowledging that they lost earlier in the season to Indiana.

Honestly, a HUGE part of the reason this is a good match-up for UK is the fact they lost round one. Tough to beat a great team twice. Not bringing up the loss from earlier in the season is crappy analysis.

It's almost impossible to believe that the last time these two teams met, Indiana prevailed. It's not like that was ancient history Jimmy, it was December 10th 2010. Indiana clearly demonstrated that they posess the ability to defeat the great, exalted, revered and mighty, mighty Kentucky Wildcats! If they were to do it again there would be much merriment throughout the land and in Lexington there would be wailing and the gnashing of teeth.

Honestly, a HUGE part of the reason this is a good match-up for UK is the fact they lost round one. Tough to beat a great team twice. Not bringing up the loss from earlier in the season is crappy analysis.

Agree 100%. Look, I'm not saying that the first game will have any bearing on this game's outcome. Nor am I saying that Indiana is a bad matchup, that UK won't be favored, etc. But it is delusional to talk about it as a beneficial matchup without discussing that UK lost to this team earlier in the year.

Well imo it's foolish to not think a matchup can be good because of a 1pt road loss 3 months ago. Or to imply that he's trying to hide something, as if any casual fan doesn't know it's a rematch.

Well imo it's foolish to not think a matchup can be good because of a 1pt road loss 3 months ago. Or to imply that he's trying to hide something, as if any casual fan doesn't know it's a rematch.

Reread my post. I didn't say anything about the matchup being good or bad from kentucky's perspective.

But frankly, it is asinine for a color commentator not to bring it up. Talk about being a dyed in the wool pollyanna--howzabout some objective analysis, Jimmy? Instead of referencing the loss and talking about how UK has improved since then, or how much the team is focused on the opportunity to avenge the earlier loss, etc. or spinning it in any number of ways which would support your contention, he just ignored it--like it never even happened. I'd ask what color the sky is in his world, but I already know that it is kentucky bluegrass.

Flat out goofy.

9...odd line. I'd give the 9 all day long

Not really that odd. KenPom would suggest the line should be about 5.5-6 points. Nine seems about as high as it could go. I don't think its going to be pushed up over the next three days either - "math" betters are going to keep it steady.

Its very likely UK takes this in the end. But I am wondering if Dykes still thinks Kentucky was extremely lucky to draw Indiana rather than VCU.

Serious first half beatdown?

To be clear, I am not calling out Marsh or anybody for predicting a UK cover or blowout,

I guess you had to hear it. Dykes was so childish in the way he brought it up - he was clearly trying to take a dig at Indiana, and that was the pure basis for him bringing it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom