Jimmy Jr. ( James Boeheim ) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Jr. ( James Boeheim )

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds good but can we agree if we are calling balls and strikes that Jim was wrong here and it’s another recruiting fail. This is where the assistants have to speak up. A lot of players grow and get stronger. He could have helped us this year for sure.
If the real narrative is he didn’t want to play for his dad and wanted an ivy education that’s fine but we lost a recruit in our back yard that’s smart and good
he's a big forward who takes nearly half his shots from 3 (34 out of 74) but shoots only 27% from there. if he did that here he'd be crucified.

he had a nice game vs dad & little bro but c'mon.

"recruiting fail." lmfao

he already showed his worth in the Italy games and exhibitions. He has skills none of our other guards have (not counting Carey). Now getting a couple minutes here and a few minutes there, he’s plying right. JB said as much Wednesday. There is an interview after the UVa game with Girard that is telling. He didn’t expect to be playing PG, especially as much as he did. JB has decided he wants his 3 best long range shooters on the floor at the same time. That’s his call and I don’t have a major problem with it. But then nobody including him should be saying Goodine needs to step up. Ok, give him the time he was getting. Buddy should not play 37 mins and Girard 36 mins. JB is going to do it again.
Next year I see Brycen moving into the starting lineup like MCW as a tall and rangy PG. JGIII moves to SG ala GMAC and Buddy shifts to the 3 to replace Elijah. Quincy to the 4 and Marek/Bourana to Center. Better defense on top of the zone, great shooting, fluid position less basketball

Next year I see Brycen moving into the starting lineup like MCW as a tall and rangy PG. JGIII moves to SG ala GMAC and Buddy shifts to the 3 to replace Elijah. Quincy to the 4 and Marek/Bourana to Center. Better defense on top of the zone, great shooting, fluid position less basketball

I can see buddy moving to the 3 especially if he grows a couple inches like jimmy did.

Where's Hughes going?

No I don't have it in for him.

But he has a golden opportunity and has to grab it right now. If you can't get into the rotation with Jalen Carey leaving the team and true freshman JG3 and Buddy looking at 40 minutes per game AGAINST a terrible Cornell team its a very very very bad sign.

A very, very, very bad sign? I think you are overreacting. He's a freshman and it's November.

A very, very, very bad sign? I think you are overreacting. He's a freshman and it's November.

That’s fair but we will not be playing teams like Cornell for long.

I will feel a lot better if we can get 15 good minutes from him Saturday not even expecting a ton of scoring. He’s third guard no matter what. He hasn’t shown much first four games that’s all.

Every time a kid from a lower level program has a good game against SU people say SU should have recruited them. Jimmy was not a high program level recruit. If he were, someone would have offered him. He has developed nicely and fits nicely at a good Ivy league program. The player I saw score 25 pts against SU the other night did not look like a top level player. Too slow, no hops, no D, no handle. He has good fundamentals as a 6'7" PF in the Ivy. I would also guess that JB did not go out if his way to stop Jimmy. He knew that SU could beat Cornell regardless. If he was at SU he would get about the same # minutes as his walk on cousin.
The only thing I will say about Buddy is that I agree that with Carey out Goodine should be getting plenty of minutes and Girard and Buddy should both be getting regular blows. I'm not sure either has the stamina to play 35 minutes against ACC teams. Goodine just needs PT. Let him make mistakes against the Cornell's of the world. JB NEEDS to play Goodine and Braswell more in the pre-season schedule. Who cares if they win by 10 or 20 or 30.

Cornell was a great fit for jim jr. great school , close to home and an opportunity to see the court not under the watchful eye of dad. he's done well for himself. gotta work on those treys if he wants to beat us !

Every time a kid from a lower level program has a good game against SU people say SU should have recruited them. Jimmy was not a high program level recruit. If he were, someone would have offered him. He has developed nicely and fits nicely at a good Ivy league program. The player I saw score 25 pts against SU the other night did not look like a top level player. Too slow, no hops, no D, no handle. He has good fundamentals as a 6'7" PF in the Ivy. I would also guess that JB did not go out if his way to stop Jimmy. He knew that SU could beat Cornell regardless. If he was at SU he would get about the same # minutes as his walk on cousin.
The only thing I will say about Buddy is that I agree that with Carey out Goodine should be getting plenty of minutes and Girard and Buddy should both be getting regular blows. I'm not sure either has the stamina to play 35 minutes against ACC teams. Goodine just needs PT. Let him make mistakes against the Cornell's of the world. JB NEEDS to play Goodine and Braswell more in the pre-season schedule. Who cares if they win by 10 or 20 or 30.
How many juniors at Syracuse looked very uninspiring only to become a true force as a senior. Christmas comes to mind. If you think he is not going to work hard to continue to develop, your really selling him short.

In Europe, where he's from.
s

Well, maybe. But you have little basis for predicting it. Just intuition or wild speculation to support a point you want to make.

I’d bet against it. He’s got it pretty good where he is. He’s on track to get a degree, he has a girlfriend, celebrity and spending money. And his game is improving.

The gains in weight and strength, that so many of our medical and dietary experts on here were forecasting, haven’t occurred. Euro pro basketball is pretty physical.

A degree from a US University is a big deal in Slovakia.

You say who cares if they only win by 10 or 20 but you see how many people are currently freaking out we “only” won by 19 against them. And “only beat them by that much due to garbage time stats”

s

Well, maybe. But you have little basis for predicting it. Just intuition or wild speculation to support a point you want to make.

I’d bet against it. He’s got it pretty good where he is. He’s on track to get a degree, he has a girlfriend, celebrity and spending money. And his game is improving.

The gains in weight and strength, that so many of our medical and dietary experts on here were forecasting, haven’t occurred. Euro pro basketball is pretty physical.

A degree from a US University is a big deal in Slovakia.
There was rumor of him leaving this past summer, so my speculation has some basis. As far as his physique goes, he's a lean wire of a young man. He seems smart, maybe he finishes his degree by next summer. Look, the only reason I speculated at all on this is that I saw Jimmy Boeheim has grown into a very focused, intense young man, he's not a kid anymore. This James Boeheim looks like a player to me. I have been wrong before, but I also have a few good hits.

Jimmy was trying to guard Hughes. Did you notice when they were matched up, Hughes went to the hoop and abused him? Buddy’s defense is only slightly hidden in the zone because he is also the weakest link in the zone. Girard does a much better job sliding his feet and maybe is the best rebounding guard we’ve had in a long time. Girard seeks rebounds and goes and get them. Battle and Buddy whold watch the ball hit the floor before they try and get it. I think a Girard had 6 rebounds against Colgate. When has any of our big guards had that many? MCW is the only one that comes to mind.
Buddy had 6 first half rebounds 2 games ago I think.

no, it’s simple definitions. No law degree needed.
Whatever. When he goes home he talks to people involved in the pro leagues there. He is playing in the best college league in the USA and I'm sure they have an eye on him.

U
Whatever. When he goes home he talks to people involved in the pro leagues there. He is playing in the best college league in the USA and I'm sure they have an eye on him.

That you can’t see that depending on a rumor—- that no one else heard apparently—- as a basis for a claim is ridiculous tells us all we need to know about your thought processes.

Then, instead of recognizing this, you double down by insisting “It only makes sense.” since he is from Europe and there are pro teams in Europe that he must be talking to.

Let me help you. Message board rumors or speculations are not facts that can be used as a basis for even more speculation or claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom