Jimmy Ole Miss Presser | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Ole Miss Presser

Ive never seen him scream so much during a game. Even when good things happened he wasnt happy with the team.

Interesting Frank Howard comments at the end. Sounds like he's definitely coming back.

Interesting comments about Taurean. I would love to sit with JB and watch the game tape and have him show me Taurean playing better defense, because I didn't see it. He was terrible on defense the entire game.

like a grand chess master you might think by now JB would have devised a PLAVICHIAN defense maneuver to counter the three point career best shooting nights we so often encounter. nope.

It bothers me that JB doesn't call out Battle and Gillon for barely contesting three point shots. Battle really needs to get better on defense. I thought he had the opportunity to be as good as Dion on D.

I also call BS on JB calling out the defense. If he wanted out best defense on the floor, Taurean would be on the bench.

It bothers me that JB doesn't call out Battle and Gillon for barely contesting three point shots. Battle really needs to get better on defense. I thought he had the opportunity to be as good as Dion on D.

I also call BS on JB calling out the defense. If he wanted out best defense on the floor, Taurean would be on the bench.
I think he kept Thompson out there today only because he's coming back and Roberson isn't.

I think he kept Thompson out there today only because he's coming back and Roberson isn't.

And that's fine. But let's not pretend that defense is the most important thing when selecting the 5 players on the floor. It's all about scoring now. So we can't be surprised when our defense let's us down.

And that's fine. But let's not pretend that defense is the most important thing when selecting the 5 players on the floor. It's all about scoring now. So we can't be surprised when our defense let's us down.
You're right. He decided to live or die by the offense, once he realized this team couldnt put together a full game of passable defense. That decision saved the season, but it also assured that the end was going to look something like what we saw today starting at about the 1:00 mark of the first half.

Interesting comments about Taurean. I would love to sit with JB and watch the game tape and have him show me Taurean playing better defense, because I didn't see it. He was terrible on defense the entire game.
TT had 5 steals. He was getting into the passing lanes. Which indicates maybe he's starting to learn the slides & positioning.

From what I saw, he was in better position sooner, and more often than I'd seen in the past. This was a real "deer in the headlights" season for the kid. Sometimes he jumped to safety, other times he got flattened. I'm in with the view that he showed some reasons to be optimistic about what he can become.

From what I saw, he was in better position sooner, and more often than I'd seen in the past. This was a real "deer in the headlights" season for the kid. Sometimes he jumped to safety, other times he got flattened. I'm in with the view that he showed some reasons to be optimistic about what he can become.

I don't think that anybody can dispute that Thompson was poor in general on the boards and as a defender this year.

I agree with you that he seemed to be more dialed in today, especially as a rebounder. I expect a sophomore jump in both areas next year.

I don't think that anybody can dispute that Thompson was poor in general on the boards and as a defender this year.

I agree with you that he seemed to be more dialed in today, especially as a rebounder. I expect a sophomore jump in both areas next year.

It's really as basic as keeping his hands up on defense to help block passing lanes. If your hands are already up, you don't have to raise them before you can deflect the pass. We're talking 10ths of a second, but that's where more tipped balls come from. I think I've seen him spin and look for a body on the defensive glass a lot more late in the season. The kid is coming along. I just wish he'd keep his damn hands up.

TT did have a bunch of steals...or bad ole Miss pass turnovers. More than 1 or 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom