Jimmy Boeheim now playing for Tuebingen (Germany-BBL) | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim now playing for Tuebingen (Germany-BBL)

That is an amazing way to spend your early 20s. Sure beats the cubicle I was in at that age.

an_assortment_of_movie_stills_in_gifs_u0p2z_22.gif

We'll have to keep an eye out for the team he signed with.

Of all the places he could have ended up, I imagine Greece would be great. Tons of people speak English there since they rely heavily on tourism and they get American TV which is usually in English, so he'll have a way easier time communicating than he would in many other countries. Lots of things to see and do. Generally nice climate. He can visit Southern Italy as easily as taking an overnight ferry. I briefly stopped in Athens after a trip to Italy and the food was simple yet awesome. I definitely want to visit the Islands.

Cost of living and rent is pretty low I believe, I think they've struggled with their economy and unemployment. Hopefully the basketball team payments flow. I think Marek played in Greece and didn't get paid. Good league though.

I'm guessing Greece has lots of ... options ... for a single guy in his young twenties. Jimmy might have to rethink his girlfriend situation before leaving.

It looks to me like Karditsas won League Two last year, and just got promoted to the top league in Greece. We'll have to see how well they handle the jump to the tougher league.

Here's a look at the returnees on AS Karditsas:

AS Karditsas - Last Year's Starting Five (and Standings).png

AS Karditsas Bench.png