JJ/Benny/22 Freshmen | Syracusefan.com

JJ/Benny/22 Freshmen

FRANKIEFAN

Hall of Fame
Worst case scenario if the sky falls I'm still OK with that team next year and look forward to them winning a game or two in Maui and making the dance somehow.

Lots of deep institutional issues feel awful for Red because he got thrown the keys to a Ferrari with a blown transmission. I'm OK with worst case scenario roster I like the kids we have on the team for sure they'll be fun to watch.

Worst case scenario if the sky falls I'm still OK with that team next year and look forward to them winning a game or two in Maui and making the dance somehow.

Lots of deep institutional issues feel awful for Red because he got thrown the keys to a Ferrari with a blown transmission. I'm OK with worst case scenario roster I like the kids we have on the team for sure they'll be fun to watch.
I’m so on board with this sentiment!! LGO!! I have faith in Res bringing in. Portal center, forward, and guard/forward!! Will will be ok!

Love the enthusiasm but that team would be lucky to finish above .500

Red needs at least two more decent portal transfers to prevent a rough first season. Problem is that it appears we have no NIL that can land top players so we’ll be fighting for scraps. Not a great plan to build a successful and competitive team.

Red needs at least two more decent portal transfers to prevent a rough first season. Problem is that it appears we have no NIL that can land top players so we’ll be fighting for scraps. Not a great plan to build a successful and competitive team.
I think we need to lose all expectations of being another Kentucky. We've been close to them certain years but next year we'll be closer to Colgate than those blue blood programs.

Maybe something changes at the top IDK.

Just yeah my expecations and bar has been lowered and it sucks and we know who just won it all.

What a sandwich to feed Red when he finally gets in charge of the program.

We'll still lead the NCAA in attendance its not a death sentence and these guys might over perform. Just gotta root for JJ and the guys who didn't leave.

Check the field in Maui. Only team SU may be better than is chaminade. Hard to see many wins in Hawaii, it might look as bad as Atlantis 2 years ago.

Check the field in Maui. Only team SU may be better than is chaminade. Hard to see many wins in Hawaii, it might look as bad as Atlantis 2 years ago.
Keep the faith JJ will get us a win. Put 100 bucks on it at +500 or more. Still Syracuse.

Plenty of minutes for guys from last year who stayed Cope might go off Taylor etc.

Nasty hand for Red to be dealt I feel awful for him bc I don't think it was supposed to go this way.

I think we need to lose all expectations of being another Kentucky. We've been close to them certain years but next year we'll be closer to Colgate than those blue blood programs.

Just yeah my expecations and bar has been lowered and it sucks and we know who just won it all.

We'll still lead the NCAA in attendance its not a death sentence and these guys might over perform. Just gotta root for JJ and the guys who didn't leave.
Say it with me: N I L

Without significant NIL Syracuse will not be able to compete on a national level. The recruits will go to where they make the most money. If they are getting $50k of NIL from Syracuse while playing in front of 20k fans but they can get $100k from State U while playing in front of 6k, they are going with State U every time.

This is the equivalent of offering a competitive salary when hiring someone. If market rate is $100k for a qualified and we can only offer $50k, you aren’t going to get qualified applicants.

I think you may have missed the part about our best players being poached because we can’t compete with other schools NIL offers. That’s an existential issue.
As of now, it’s one guy. I try to avoid hyperbole based on one guy.

Three quarters of the people on this board were running Girard off this team all season. If Judah ends up transferring Vs NBA, I will be more concerned.

That team goes 0-3 in Maui and 10-21 overall.
1681264757955.gif

If we're closer to Colgate than Kentucky, I don't know what part of watching them will be fun.

I highly doubt we get any one good. We would have to actually pay them good Nil money and that’s not what we do. It’s like telling Red we can only play zone defense during his coaching caree. His hands are tied bye the chancellor especially getting rid of AW as a nil contributor. We are at a point in where we need to show big ten or sec that we can compete in football and basketball so they may take us cause as we all know acc isn’t gonna make it with how this looks like it’s gonna shake out. We have number 1 attendance in basketball or 2 I forget and the possibility of having great attendance in football along with all our other sports doing well. We have to win which takes money. How do they not see this. Blows my f in mind. How can schools that don’t have what we have pay kids more or are we just not trying. If that’s the case we will be in aac or Mac soon. We shouldn’t be but as much as it breaks my heart, we may be headed there.

Red def deserves some patience from everyone I think for next year. The year after it’s fair game for expectations… I think just a different brand of basketball is going to be fun to see
Are we already discounting next season? It seems like we've been doing that for years.

I’m def going to give Red next year if not 2,3 to get his pieces in place, etc...but I’m sorry...I can’t 100 percent blame others if they don’t.

the promotion within was sold on continuing tradition, etc.

if we wanted to rebuild from the ground up, there’s ways to do that.

again, *I* will give Red plenty of chances because he deserves it with that’s left at his feet. But PR wise, this isnt the way

I think you may have missed the part about our best players being poached because we can’t compete with other schools NIL offers. That’s an existential issue.
If it was a pure resources issue, we could compete, but Autry also has to compete with our own administration running off big money NIL guys because the administration finds them to be crass.

Last edited:
Red def deserves some patience from everyone I think for next year. The year after it’s fair game for expectations… I think just a different brand of basketball is going to be fun to see
The problem with this is that he was part
Of JBs staff and we haven’t been very good in a while. Fans would like to see some positive changes happen now. He will get his opportunity but with the current roster we will be 17-15 again. In a weird way I’m glad Jesse is leaving because it gives us a window into who personnel wise he’d like to have for his team.

I agree just like any corporation with a change of direction and new CEO it will take time after years of miss management

What a place we’ve come to when our ability to compete relies on whether or not the bag of cash is big enough. Recruiting has now become meaningless.

He does, what an awful time to be put into the job. I like Red, every interaction I’ve have (all brief) throughout his time here have been awesome, always says hi with a big smile on his face thanking me and whomever I’m with for coming out. I want him to succeed like I wanted Hop to succeed here when it was his turn. As of right now, Red has the most difficult task of any coach that’s ever coached here. I don’t envy his position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom