JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

I wasn't referring to you directly, just the overall idea that Lampkin would come in and start perimeter shooting instead of doing what made him a coveted transfer in the first place.
Was like when Lou Brown was pissed at Willy Mays Hayes for coming into camp a power hitter. (I would've taken the power hitter personally though.)

The Cuse! Home of the best 3 point shooting center tandem West of Boston!
Sounds like an attraction that would move into Destiny for a month and never to be heard from again.

This is the post I should have made instead of simply saying I hope Lampkin shoots less than 10 threes all year.

Especially the bolded point.

I would say one thing additionally. JB won so many games for 40 years because he avoided players doing things they weren't capable of doing. People hoping that Lampkin transfers to Syracuse and then starts doing things that he isn't good at amazes me.

I sincerely hope Lampkin isn't going to try to impress everybody with his shooting. We'd be in for a very long year.
He said himself that he is working on aspects of his game that he has not previously displayed. And then he made a player comp to an NBA ‘big’ who shoots 3s at a good clip and percentage—I can’t remember the name.

So, some of the “hope” here seems to align with and be derived from Lampkin’s own objectives and expectations. I hope that whatever he does it is effective and within the scheme of what Red wants.

He said himself that he is working on aspects of his game that he has not previously displayed. And then he made a player comp to an NBA ‘big’ who shoots 3s at a good clip and percentage—I can’t remember the name.

So, some of the “hope” here seems to align with and be derived from Lampkin’s own objectives and expectations. I hope that whatever he does it is effective and within the scheme of what Red wants.

Hoping for marginal improvement is one thing. He has shot zero threes in college. He doesn’t have high shooting %s for a big for his other shots.

This is like hoping you win the lottery to be able to retire.

And to be hopeful for Eddie, my hope that he is good at setting and resetting screens and rolling hard. Can handle the short roll. Quick decisions. Make the right passes. If he sets crushing screens for JJ, it’ll help everyone out.

If he can’t do that, I’m not sure why we have him at all.

OrdiAnd to be hopeful for Eddie, my hope that he is good at setting and resetting screens and rolling hard. Can handle the short roll. Quick decisions. Make the right passes. If he sets crushing screens for JJ, it’ll help everyone out.

If he can’t do that, I’m not sure why we have him at all.

Feels like half this hoops forum needs a week of this maybe more when it comes to this off season.

office space nothing to see here motherfucker GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom