Joba Chamberlain Not exactly a mensa qualifier. | Syracusefan.com

Joba Chamberlain Not exactly a mensa qualifier.

CaliCuse

All American
A big guy on a trampoline and fractures ankle. Season and possibly career gone. So much potential when he came to the forfron of the Yankee picture. A precipitous fall of talent,possibly the fault of the Yankee management in how they handled his role on the team. Starter or reliever? They never agreed on what to do with Joba other than put a camera on his father for emotion shots of his son in a game.A total waste of talent This latest incident is fully Joba's responsibility. When he gets older he can reflect on his moments as a star.Few have ever had that much.:bang:

I saw Joba in the 2nd game he started. I think he lasted 4 innings.

I just Googled "open dislocation of the ankle" and I probably shouldn't have.

Most enduring image of Joba:

joba%20bugs.jpg

Most enduring image of Joba:

joba%20bugs.jpg
That game in cleveland was a disaster. The Indians couldn't provide suitable conditions for the game to be played. Their attempts to quell the bugs were totally deficient. he game should have been delayed until extermination was achieved. Being covered in bugs can't allow for a mental condition conducive for professional sports at a high level.When it rains you delay until contitions are proper. Whats the difference some lower life form? that can't be justified in living No repelent as I recall was effective. couchburn

Let's have some perspective here...He was a person who was playing with his kid when a freak accident occurred. Could have happened to anyone. Doesn't make him an idiot, just a father who got hurt while playing with his son. It's not like he was doing something high risk. I have respect for the guy as he was taking time out of his busry spring schedule to spend time with his son, nice to see now-a-days. I feel bad for him and hope he bounces back to have a good career and wish him the best of luck.

A big guy on a trampoline and fractures ankle. Season and possibly career gone. So much potential when he came to the forfron of the Yankee picture. A precipitous fall of talent,possibly the fault of the Yankee management in how they handled his role on the team. Starter or reliever? They never agreed on what to do with Joba other than put a camera on his father for emotion shots of his son in a game.A total waste of talent This latest incident is fully Joba's responsibility. When he gets older he can reflect on his moments as a star.Few have ever had that much.:bang:
Christ, you just broke new ground with that idiotic post. The guy badly injures himself in a freak accident playing with his child and that's your reaction? The fact that you're apparently a Yankee fan makes it even worse. Awful.

Christ, you just broke new ground with that idiotic post. The guy badly injures himself in a freak accident playing with his child and that's your reaction? The fact that you're apparently a Yankee fan makes it even worse. Awful.

Hard to really call him a fan, he's more of the get satisfaction out of venting gloom and doom kind of fans.

If you are new this this, I'll just say, you have no idea where this is headed.

Hard to really call him a fan, he's more of the get satisfaction out of venting gloom and doom kind of fans.

If you are new this this, I'll just say, you have no idea where this is headed.
I do get the whole Cali thing and usually ignore this kind of stuff, but I had to comment when I read that.

The funny thing is, the day after the Joba incident I read a Bill Madden column that pretty much echoed everything Cali was saying. Such is the state of sports journalism these days, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see lots of "fans" like Cali. Madden seems to have evolved into a hitman for the Yankee organization in recent years, and much of his writing now has a snarky edge that I don't remember being there before. Oddly enough, I don't recall him commenting much on Brian Cashman's personal issues this winter.

That said, I hope we can get some good baseball dialogue going on the sports board this season, no matter which team anyone follows.