Joe Girard/GMac recruiting note of interest | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard/GMac recruiting note of interest

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Joe Girard has totalled the most points in a Syracuse uniform of the players GMAC was the lead recruiter for.

Joe Girard - 248
Bourama Sidibe - 247
Matt Moyer - 113
Buss - 103
Brycen Goodine - 27

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
Joe Girard has totalled the most points in a Syracuse uniform of the players GMAC was the lead recruiter for.

Joe Girard - 248
Bourama Sidibe - 247
Matt Moyer - 113
Buss - 103

Am I missing anyone?
How will this be reshaped when JG is top ten SU all time in points, while rarely turning the ball over.

Weren’t his recruiting duties restricted during the years we were on probation when he was relatively new on the staff as an assistant since the number of recruiters allowed on the road was greatly reduced for at least 2 years?

How will this be reshaped when JG is top ten SU all time in points, while rarely turning the ball over.

Hmmm, if they start taking away points for each turnover, I think he stays at the top, and DEFINITELY in the Top 10 on this list. However, if they start taking away 100 or more points per turnover, I think he could really bottom out!!!

Yeah, it's pretty sad that he has accounted for only 40% of the starting lineup.
(sarcasm font)
our starting lineup consists of:
- 40% GMac recruits
- the coaches son
- a transfer from a non P-5 school who we never offered initially
- a guy from Europe who our head coach never saw in play person until he got to campus

wowza!

As JB would say: “He’s landed one more good recruit than a dead guy.”

Goodine is going to be solid and I think there is an element of bad luck and things outside of Gerrys control that got us here. I believe things can turn around for him on this front. I haven’t lost faith in him at all.

As JB would say: “He’s landed one more good recruit than a dead guy.”

Goodine is going to be solid and I think there is an element of bad luck and things outside of Gerrys control that got us here. I believe things can turn around for him on this front. I haven’t lost faith in him at all.

But this has nothing to with G and the guys he brings in . The results show on the floor

- 40% GMac recruits
- the coaches son
- a guy from Europe who our head coach never saw in play person until he got to campus

wowza!
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fb5EVtW4zARZo4%2Fgiphy.gif&=1&nofb=1

Weren’t his recruiting duties restricted during the years we were on probation when he was relatively new on the staff as an assistant since the number of recruiters allowed on the road was greatly reduced for at least 2 years?

Shhhh, we're not allowed to talk about the sanctions. They didn't do anything to recruiting. Jim could watch his son's games, so that means everything was okay.

- 40% GMac recruits
- the coaches son

wowza!
It is honestly remarkable. There is no debating that the recruiting struggles are real. Why everyone feels the need to pin this exclusively on GMac (not you, necessarily) is odd to me, but we certainly aren't landing the type of recruits we are accustomed to getting.

- 40% GMac recruits
- the coaches son

wowza!
Jim has an attitude of I dont care who I end up with, we're always going to find a way to win. It shows in his recruiting, and he proves it on the court

Did he make a phone call to Melo in 2002?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom