Joe Girard/GMac recruiting note of interest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard/GMac recruiting note of interest

Jim has an attitude of I dont care who I end up with, we're always going to find a way to win. It shows in his recruiting, and he proves it on the court
If finding a way to win means we’re America’s favorite bubble team then yeah. Otherwise that statement is an oxymoron.

If finding a way to win means we’re America’s favorite bubble team then yeah. Otherwise that statement is an oxymoron.

You can't separate the 2? Jim's in-season coaching when his roster is finally set is entirely different than his recruiting style and track record during the off season. Those 2 things are mutually exclusive, and can be graded separately if you try. America's bubble team? that's a different thread I believe.

Jim has an attitude of I dont care who I end up with, we're always going to find a way to win. It shows in his recruiting, and he proves it on the court

Yeah, that‘s ridiculous. Of course he cares who he ends up with. He recruits the best players he can, and some of the best in the country, just like every other elite program. He’d rather have elite players than average ones, and you can see that by the kids he recruits.

Yeah, that‘s ridiculous. Of course he cares who he ends up with. He recruits the best players he can, and some of the best in the country, just like every other elite program. He’d rather have elite players than average ones, and you can see that by the kids he recruits.
I agree, but I'd still argue, on balance hes a better coach than recruiter. Some of that, hell maybe all of it could be explained by not giving into the payola of the big boys. So while hes gone after the cream of the crop, he hasn't landed all of them, and still manages to win. Hes one of the best ever at coaching up his roster.

I agree, but I'd still argue, on balance hes a better coach than recruiter. Some of that, hell maybe all of it could be explained by not giving into the payola of the big boys. So while hes gone after the cream of the crop, he hasn't landed all of them, and still manages to win. Hes one of the best ever at coaching up his roster.

Made me think when we lost Quade Green, JB was kind of like, it’s not the end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom