Joe Lunardi has us in the NCAA tournament right now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Lunardi has us in the NCAA tournament right now

Ugh. Nobody is accurate right now. The season doesn't end today.
Agreed. I know the season doesn't end today. Just saying that with all the bracketology out there, Palm is one of, if not the, best.

Wow...that was some dream.
I dreamed Joe Lunardi did an NCAA bracket with about 3/4 of the season to go.
Funny, right?
Who would ever do something so silly?

As long as people are interested and people will look at it, it will be done.

Just like pre-season rankings. At least in football, the committee that chooses the field know has no vested interest in doing a pre-season ranking that skews things as the season progresses.

A) lol at brackets before February

B) As long as we don't lose to any non-NCAAT teams (come on, Michigan!), I think we might be okay.

The Big East has done a good job in the preseason. With 8 of its 10 members in the RPI top 80 as of now, and in a league with 2 head to head matchups, more than half the teams should be in the RPI top 50 by season's end ... they will generate many top 50 win opportunities by the time the season is over. Its at least a 5 bid league.

TCU is the team with the most fraudulent OOC this year.

They have played at Ole Miss -- an SEC team that is clearly out. But beyond that, 8 of its 13 opponents are projected sub 270 RPI... 4 other teams are between 175-250.

I just can't put any stock into any bracketology right now.

Ken Pom has us finishing 9-9 in the league, 18-13 overall. For whatever it's worth, we are less than 50% to win 6 of our last 7 games, meaning we could be entering the ACC tournament on quite the slide. Have to say, I didn't realize how back loaded the schedule is; after Nova on Saturday, we don't play anyone in the Ken Pom top 100 until 1/24, Miami at home, and thne @UNC 2 days later. The last 7 games I referenced earlier

Duke
Louisville
Pitt
@ND
@Duke
UVa
@NC State

The thing is, when you look at our ACC schedule, it's not outlandish to think we could be 8-3 or 9-2 entering that stretch. (Also, totally fair to say we shouldn't be expecting a 9-2 stretch vs anyone, but in the first 11 league games we'll be favored in at least 8, if not 9, of them, I'd think).
And the good news is Duke/Lville/UVA all come to the dome, and all are going to be really good teams, so a win or two there could go a long way.

I just can't put any stock into any bracketology right now.

Ken Pom has us finishing 9-9 in the league, 18-13 overall. For whatever it's worth, we are less than 50% to win 6 of our last 7 games, meaning we could be entering the ACC tournament on quite the slide. Have to say, I didn't realize how back loaded the schedule is; after Nova on Saturday, we don't play anyone in the Ken Pom top 100 until 1/24, Miami at home, and thne @UNC 2 days later. The last 7 games I referenced earlier

Duke
Louisville
Pitt
@ND
@Duke
UVa
@NC State

The thing is, when you look at our ACC schedule, it's not outlandish to think we could be 8-3 or 9-2 entering that stretch. (Also, totally fair to say we shouldn't be expecting a 9-2 stretch vs anyone, but in the first 11 league games we'll be favored in at least 8, if not 9, of them, I'd think).
And the good news is Duke/Lville/UVA all come to the dome, and all are going to be really good teams, so a win or two there could go a long way.
If we start out real fast in ACC PLAY our team will likely be able to steal one resume game in the last 7. We just need to reduce turnovers now and shoot like we have the last few games.

our acc schedule is back loaded like crazy. we could start 9-2, 10-1, or even 11-0. And finish losing 5 or 6 of 7.

I'll take the positive way of thinking and say we could run off a nice winning streak (hopefully starting with Nova, but realistically after that) that might help the confidence of some of the younger/inexperienced players.

One other point to throw out there; the bubble is different every year of course, but we missed in 2007 and 2008 before the first four games; we probably would have made it both years if there had been the 3 extra at large spots. Just saying

our acc schedule is back loaded like crazy. we could start 9-2, 10-1, or even 11-0. And finish losing 5 or 6 of 7.

Seems like a trend. Same thing happened last year -- perhaps creating a little false hope... but at the same time our play declined.

It will also help if teams that we play on the road in the ACC avoid that bad loss classification and can slide into the Top 100. None of Georgia Tech, Clemson, Boston College or Pitt are that good, but the whole nature of bubble teams is that those games are not easy. Only GT and possibly Pitt could be on track for the Top 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom