joe pa claims he was shocked over the charges on sandusky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

joe pa claims he was shocked over the charges on sandusky

Look I have no love for anyone who would do this type of thing...but at the same time people have been known to falsely accuse others of things like this.

We weren't there. we don't know the credibility of McQueary. Did he have some kind of axe to grind with Sandusky?

I know the whole thing sounds disgusting, and smoke and fire are frequent partners, but I'd prefer to wait and see how this thing plays out before I accuse everyone of some kind of guilt or complicity.

I've seen false accusations before...that's just the way I look at these things.

Doesn't mean the story doesn't tick me off.

false accusations from 8 different kids though? this isn't some media sensationalism, this has gone through the grand jury.

Look I have no love for anyone who would do this type of thing...but at the same time people have been known to falsely accuse others of things like this.

We weren't there. we don't know the credibility of McQueary. Did he have some kind of axe to grind with Sandusky?

I know the whole thing sounds disgusting, and smoke and fire are frequent partners, but I'd prefer to wait and see how this thing plays out before I accuse everyone of some kind of guilt or complicity.

I've seen false accusations before...that's just the way I look at these things.

Doesn't mean the story doesn't tick me off.

1+1=2. Did you read the grand jury statement? Sandusky is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. We are talking about multiple witnesses and multiple victims. This is a slam dunk for the prosecution.

All I'm saying is they do exist...and at the same time legitimate accusations do get buried for political or institutional face saving reasons.

Personally I have to see how this plays out, plea bargain agreement, conviction, whatever. Just not ready to assume everyone, that many people would like to hang at this point, are in fact complicit. Maybe they are...maybe they aren't.

Grand jury indictments don't bat 1000 when it comes to convictions. the batting average is lower if you have the funds for decent legal representation...unfortunate aspect of equal justice for all.

I know I wouldn't put money on Sandusky's chances of walking away from this clean. The others..not so sure?

Yea JoePa magically strikes a deal with PA state and is now protected in return for his testimony. Because god forbid they tarnish his image.

Also GA is in the clear in legal sense as he brought it up to his superiors. Morally he's still trash for, you know after years of not seeing any action being done about his report, just going "meh". Will be interesting to see if PSU actually does anything with these guys prior to the trial.

1+1=2. Did you read the grand jury statement? Sandusky is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. We are talking about multiple witnesses and multiple victims. This is a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Just got done reading the Grand Jury statement...got to agree, with that many reported incidents and all the other peripheral evidence...gifts..trips..favors. Looks pretty convincing to me.

All I'm saying is they do exist...and at the same time legitimate accusations do get buried for political or institutional face saving reasons.

Personally I have to see how this plays out, plea bargain agreement, conviction, whatever. Just not ready to assume everyone, that many people would like to hang at this point, are in fact complicit. Maybe they are...maybe they aren't.

Grand jury indictments don't bat 1000 when it comes to convictions. the batting average is lower if you have the funds for decent legal representation...unfortunate aspect of equal justice for all.

I know I wouldn't put money on Sandusky's chances of walking away from this clean. The others..not so sure?

Goes in the other direction too. There could be a lot more to come out. The multiplier on people coming forward could be big. This guy was doing this everywhere - a charity, a golf course, on campus, the Alamo Bowl. It seems systematic and it may not stop at 8 if the prosecutors only went with what they could prove right now.

I could be off the mark on this, but I don't have nearly the level of anger towards McQueary as I do the higher ups. I wouldn't be surprised if what he saw has haunted him for the past decade.
What?We're talking about a 28 yo MAN walking in on another man sodomizing a 10 yo CHILD and his reaction was to run away and call his daddy?The guy is a chicken-hearted .He is just as much to blame as everyone else involved.If I walk in on that I guarentee that guy is knocked the F out and kept there until the police arrive.Any decent human being with an ounce of morality doesn't just walk away and leave a defenseless child in that situation.Only a cowardly POS like this guy would.

What?We're talking about a 28 yo MAN walking in on another man sodomizing a 10 yo CHILD and his reaction was to run away and call his daddy?The guy is a chicken-hearted *****.He is just as much to blame as everyone else involved.If I walk in on that I guarentee that guy is knocked the F out and kept there until the police arrive.Any decent human being with an ounce of morality doesn't just walk away and leave a defenseless child in that situation.Only a cowardly POS like this guy would.

But now he's the QB coach and recruiting coordinator. At first I felt horrible for him but now he deserves misery in his life.

How do you walk into a home an tell parents that they will learn respect and integrity and how to be a man when your first instinct is to run to daddy after.watching a little kid get raped.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

See_no_Evil_Hear_no_Evil_Speak_no_Evil_1.jpg

What?We're talking about a 28 yo MAN walking in on another man sodomizing a 10 yo CHILD and his reaction was to run away and call his daddy?The guy is a chicken-hearted *****.He is just as much to blame as everyone else involved.If I walk in on that I guarentee that guy is knocked the F out and kept there until the police arrive.Any decent human being with an ounce of morality doesn't just walk away and leave a defenseless child in that situation.Only a cowardly POS like this guy would.

Your post is completely reasonable. I guess my mindset was that McQueary saw what was going on, was probably disturbed as hell by it, and immediately went to Paterno trusting that the proper actions would be taken place. When they weren't, he probably feared that if he went to the police and the complaint was ignored, his coaching career would be ruined.

I'm not saying that McQueary does not deserve to be canned, I'm simply saying that I personally am not as enraged at him as I am the people in power at Penn State.

Just read the Grand Jury report.

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

Everyone that was aware of that particular situation should be fired, and have their pensions taken away. That applies to Paterno too.

I wish more was written of the '98 case that was handled by the PSU police. That seemed to be well-known by Curley, JoePa, etc. So when this particular incident in '02 was reported the reaction should have been swift and merciless.

Disgusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom