Joe Shad (sp?) of ESPN reporting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Shad (sp?) of ESPN reporting...

You're ok that more kids were raped? Because that really is the end result of joe's inaction.

More kids were raped.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not even in the slightest. However, they realize that the potential wrongful termination suit (consider he is not legally responsible for the rapes) is more trouble than firing him right now is worth, and I understand that.

What do you consider 'definitive' information? We're talking about grand jury testimony, given under oath. The transcript specifically states where the jury found a witness credible or not. I'm not a lawyer, so I would be interested in getting an informed opinion on this.

We have grand jury findings, but we don't have a direct transcript of definitive information of what SPECIFICALLY McQueary told him (or at least not that I've seen). If McQueary told JoePa exactly what he told the Grand Jury, then that's a different story. But we don't know for certain right now.

Is Paterno's house his own? Or does he get a free one from PSU?

I hope they take it away from him.

Not even in the slightest. However, they realize that the potential wrongful termination suit (consider he is not legally responsible for the rapes) is more trouble than firing him right now is worth, and I understand that.

We have grand jury findings, but we don't have a direct transcript of definitive information of what SPECIFICALLY McQueary told him (or at least not that I've seen). If McQueary told JoePa exactly what he told the Grand Jury, then that's a different story. But we don't know for certain right now.

you keep going to 2002. go long before that. 2002 should have never happened.

Is Paterno's house his own? Or does he get a free one from PSU?

I hope they take it away from him.

He's living in a 70's style ranch straight out of Happy Days. I'm petty sure he owns it.

Not even in the slightest. However, they realize that the potential wrongful termination suit (consider he is not legally responsible for the rapes) is more trouble than firing him right now is worth, and I understand that

then suspend him with pay pending the outcome of the special investigation. Hard to sue for wrongful termination when you haven't been terminated. The important thing is Penn State cannot allow him anywhere near the stadium Saturday, even if it means stationing a member of the BOT on his front lawn with a shotgun from about 6AM until after the game.

Given the amount of lawsuits Penn State is about to face, that makes sense. Firing him would basically be a tacit admission of wrongdoing, but they're doing that anyway by firing everyone else.
There has to be a morality clause in his contract, and a reasonable person might think you have a moral duty to not allow your facilities to be used by a suspected child molester.

As an aside, I would LOVE to cross-examine Joe Paterno in that situation. It would be so much fun, especially at deposition where you can really go after him. His lawyers would have to maintain the fiction that he is mentally competent too. That would just be fun. I'd pay to see the look on Paterno's face when I asked him on the record what he would have done if he heard Sandusky had showered with his 10 year old grandson. The last thing Paterno wants to do is answer those questions, and he might have to with a wrongful termination suit.

Stop being reasonable and stop making sense.

You are spoiling the lynch mob's good time. When else can the pump themselves up into a state of glorious outrage?

As the Queen of Hearts once said, "First the sentence, then the verdict".

I love ya Townie, but every hour that passes with these guys out make me madder and madder.

These are grown men that witnessed rape and assault of children, and others that knew about it. And did nothing. People like that don't deserve to be with the free.

You are spoiling the lynch mob's good time. When else can the pump themselves up into a state of glorious outrage?

Yeah, people are crazy for recognizing that JoePa knew about Sandusky at least as early as '98 and let him coach for a year after that. Then the 2000 incident with the janitor. Then the 2002 incident with the a$$ raping of a 10 year old boy. At least 3 incidents and JoePa let Sandusky bring little boys around to the football offices for years.

Joe Paterno, among many others, enabled a child molester for at least 13 years. That's pretty evil.

Wanting an 84 year old man to be fired from a job that he hasn't actually performed is a pretty minor penalty. No one is calling for Paterno to prosecuted or to be physically harmed.

He enabled it for 15+ years. Sick people that are trying to defend Paterno. He isn't much better than Sandusky.

I mean, I understand the outrage, and JoePa's (lack of) actions warrant his not being employed anymore. I think that right or wrong, when the 1998 charges were dropped, it signalled to the administrators and JoePa (and probably others) that "hey, maybe all this stuff wasn't legit."

Not saying that's true, obviously, but the fact that the charges were dropped is a reason for these people shrugging and not stopping Sandusky earlier. It sucks, and I think we all wish that the whole thing had gone differently, but it didn't.

I mean, I understand the outrage, and JoePa's (lack of) actions warrant his not being employed anymore. I think that right or wrong, when the 1998 charges were dropped, it signalled to the administrators and JoePa (and probably others) that "hey, maybe all this stuff wasn't legit."

Not saying that's true, obviously, but the fact that the charges were dropped is a reason for these people shrugging and not stopping Sandusky earlier. It sucks, and I think we all wish that the whole thing had gone differently, but it didn't.

Yes, but that doesn't explain the inaction in 2002. If you have a documented incident in which a person is accused of something like this, and it comes up again a few years later, you have to take it seriously. Even if no charges were originally brought. And you have to wonder why no charges were brought if you read the GJ transcript - couple that with the timing of Sandusky's retirement. Red flags everywhere. We still don't have the full story but I suspect that eventually we'll get most of it, piece by piece.

Yes, but that doesn't explain the inaction in 2002. If you have a documented incident in which a person is accused of something like this, and it comes up again a few years later, you have to take it seriously. Even if no charges were originally brought. And you have to wonder why no charges were brought if you read the GJ transcript - couple that with the timing of Sandusky's retirement. Red flags everywhere. We still don't have the full story but I suspect that eventually we'll get most of it, piece by piece.

Agreed. I try not to jump to conclusions, because (as you say) we will eventually get most of the information we're currently missing.

As much outrage as there is at Paterno, I think McQueary almost gets forgotten (which is good for him I guess). We're talking about a 28 year old ex-football player who watched a boy being raped...and ran back to his office. Didn't pull Sandusky off the kid, didn't yell at him, didn't do anything. That, to me, is unbelievable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom