Joe Shad (sp?) of ESPN reporting... | Syracusefan.com

Joe Shad (sp?) of ESPN reporting...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
that sources close to the PSU BOT are reporting that Joe Pa may be allowed to finish out the season but will more than likely not be permitted to return next season.

Discuss.

I have no words. There isn't another coach in America who would have survived past a day. Instead of that, the man has a rally of supporters on his front lawn. State College is one ****** up place.

I think right or wrong, since he didn't legally do anything wrong, and because of his tenure, it'd be hard to get rid of him immediately. I thought all along that he would stay on for the season, and leave post-bowl game, and for now, I think that's appropriate (not necessarily the best route, but appropriate).

Until there is definitive information, I'm okay with this.

I think right or wrong, since he didn't legally do anything wrong, and because of his tenure, it'd be hard to get rid of him immediately. I thought all along that he would stay on for the season, and leave post-bowl game, and for now, I think that's appropriate (not necessarily the best route, but appropriate).

This man simply does not deserve to leave on his own terms. It's really an indictment of the culture created in that cocoon over in State College that he could ever be allowed to save face in the slightest bit.

This isnt a recruiting scandal. This isn't a Tressel type cover up (doesn't that seem insignificant now). This man (along with anyone else who knewnwhat he did) allowed a child molester to run rampant on his campus for years and did nothing to stop it.

I have a hard time even looking at him on camera at this point. That scene in front of his house with his adoring fans was despicable and a slap in the face to he victims and their families.

By the way, was there any type of rally on campus to support the victims of these heinous crimes? Doubtful. Football is truly king there.

No doubt that the people in State College live in a bubble. All they see is a man who built Penn State into what it is today, with its football program. Not the man who ignored the fact that a child molester was running rampant on campus for so many years.

Paterno, as feeble as he is, is still the most powerful person in State College. He can do whatever he wants.

Regardless, his legacy is much different from what is was even a week ago.

When his obituary is written, it will include his record-setting wins and tenure, but will say they were marred by his lack of oversight (at best) in a child-sex scandal. And all that will be in the lede.

He went from one of the gods of college football to someone who will be regarded as a divisive figure.

Stunning, but abetted by his own hubris in insisting on holding the position well beyond his time.

You're ok that more kids were raped? Because that really is the end result of joe's inaction.

More kids were raped.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The point here should be that the man that allowed children to be raped probably shouldn't be allowed a graceful exit. I think they may still be underestimating the vitriol here if they plan on letting him stay for the rest of the year.

I look forward to Paterno having to walk into Ohio Stadium in two weeks.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a lot that people know about each other here and chips are being cashed and you can see the wording and beginnings of a coverup. Watch for a patsy fall guy because this thing is way too huge to let psu take the whole fall. Someone will step in and save the day for these greedy pigs.

"May be allowed to finish out the season"

"More than likely not permitted to return next season"

That board sure sounds outraged. OUTRAGED I SAY!

I don't see it. I think Joe will be out before the end of the week. Even if the trustees think Joe was totally clueless about Sandusky, Joe has to go. My guess though is that Joe knew enough to at least call the police...but didn't. Either way, he's gone.

what you have too ask yourself is-

if this was jimmy b-

as a syracuse fan i think some might also be so shocked as to do stupid things like this to show support -

this is just such a shameful act-

If this was jimmy b., I would want him thrown off campus.

that sources close to the PSU BOT are reporting that Joe Pa may be allowed to finish out the season but will more than likely not be permitted to return next season.

Discuss.

No doubt that's because some of them knew too. No rational thinking person that looks at the 2 decades of what went on can sit there with a clear conscious and say Paterno knew nothing. He even allowed the guy in a closed practice in 2007 with a little boy in tow. Paterno was an enabler in every sense of the word. If he finishes out the year, I hope someone like OSU doesn't allow him on their campus. It is now 20 kids and Paterno for 15 years or more turned a blind eye to the whole thing while Sandusky remained a frequent visitor to Paterno's football facility.

What do you consider 'definitive' information? We're talking about grand jury testimony, given under oath. The transcript specifically states where the jury found a witness credible or not. I'm not a lawyer, so I would be interested in getting an informed opinion on this.

I look forward to Paterno having to walk into Ohio Stadium in two weeks.

Is it bad that I wouldn't mind if someone threw a battery at him? Not hit him, but get close enough so he needs to change his diaper.

What do you consider 'definitive' information? We're talking about grand jury testimony, given under oath. The transcript specifically states where the jury found a witness credible or not. I'm not a lawyer, so I would be interested in getting an informed opinion on this.

Grand jury findings don't mean too much, but if their finding of facts are true, then there's no way JoePa isn't at least culpable for the rapes of several children after 2002 at BEST. That's if you look at the facts in the best light for Paterno. In spite of having some knowledge of the incident in 2002, and probably some knowledge of the 1998 incident, he still acquiesced to Sandusky parading little kids around the Ped State football complex until 2008 or 2009, at which PSU told Sandusky not to bring kids around.

Now, why someone at Pedophile State have to tell Sandusky not to bring kids around campus any more if they didn't know anything?

What this may go to show that people you think that are good people or at least put up that facade may not be. If it's power that corrupts or they just are not really good people to begin with and have an excellent propaganda system that gives that illusion they are indeed just. I've always felt that a lot of times some people are portrayed as bad and are not as bad as they are portrayed and some that are said to be good are often with their own demons when you look deep down.

There will probably be a nice little inner circle of deny ability liability wise and paterno kicking it upstairs and then putting his head in the sand will keep him protected from the law but if the man has any conscience at all this will haunt him for the rest of his life, as it should.

It is their school. If they want to double-flush their reputation, I guess they have the right to do so, but it won't go over well nationally.

Discuss.

if you had an ounce of integrity and really cared about the University you would stand up like a man, say I f&^% up, I failed myself, my team and this University and I'm resigning.

Instead, it continues to be all about him and his "legacy".

Maybe joe knows too much about the people that are making this decision?

I don't think PSU understands the PR disaster they create by leaving Paterno there. It will just fuel the fire and they will just fire him next week after more uproar. Firing Paterno does two things for them (1) shows they are serious and (2) simmers the situation down a little. Sure, we should not be talking about PR as the motivation... but we know it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom