Joey G.:. If he makes the same | Syracusefan.com

Joey G.:. If he makes the same

Am I the only one thinking he might be hitting the freshman wall? Doesn't seem to have the same accuracy on his jumper

Am I the only one thinking he might be hitting the freshman wall? Doesn't seem to have the same accuracy on his jumper
He seems to struggle shooting at home. Have not looked up numbers just from eye and failing memory.

Cowtown

My response to your question about JG3 that I couldn’t post because the game thread got closed:

At this point his role is more as a facilitator rather than a feature scorer. His shots often are more born out of the defense over playing EH, BB. Not really drawing a lot up for him. Also he is hedged hard off the pick and roll so he’s just making the smart play and dumping it down to Marek who is taking advantage.

He has missed some open shots tho for sure. We need him to hit at a higher clip.

Despite the shooting numbers (whatever they are) he truly played well today.

He takes dumb shots.. that’s the biggest reason his percentages are low .. when he takes good shots he makes them . Not sure why he feels he HAS to get up a certain number of shots regardless of quality

5-14 in our win against virginia 4-14 against vt. 2-8 today.
Really he knocks one more down in each of those games and its a respectable percentage. He just needs to keep working on the rest of his game. That steal to seal the game was awesome. I have a feeling the shooting will just pop up overnight sometime soon. Hw went from unknown to one of the biggest sleepers in college ball.

Last edited:
5-14 in our win against virginia 4-14 against vt. 2-8 today.
Really he knocks one more down in each of those games and its a respectable percentage. He just needs to keep working on the rest of his game. That steal to seal the game was awesome. I have a feeling the shooting will just pop up overnight sometime soon. Hw went from unknown to one of the biggest sleepers in college ball.

Didn't Buddy's shooting percentage take a huge jump at about the 1/3 marker in ACC play last season?

I think part of the problem for JGIII is that being the point, he sometimes finds himself with the ball with the offense stalled and the shot clock running down so he jacks a shot. If he weren't the PG with the ball in his hands he wouldn't be in a position to do that.

I suspect some of that comes from 5 years of high school ball where when the offense stalled and they needed a shot he was the best option.

Thought he had some good looks today and they just didn’t drop. He better get those percentages up or that will affect the spacing.

Maybe because he has 5 years experience on a HS team that need him to do exactly that. He's a freshman playing P5 ball; I suspect he'll figure it out.
Almost every D1 player had that role in high school .

One reason that successful freshman point guards are far and few between.

I agree. I think that learning PG at this level, he has taken a beating this year and it has effected his shooting. He's a baller, though. I really like this kid.

I don’t know about that. There’s lots of prep school powerhouses with numerous D-1 guys on them. Lots of guys don’t put up huge numbers due to that.

Not many average 50 ppg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom