Joey's new bracket, I would love this! | Syracusefan.com

Joey's new bracket, I would love this!

That west region is absolutely brutal for Arizona if it happened.

2 Kansas 3. San Diego State 4. Iowa 5. Duke 8. Florida State 9. Kansas State

I would love our bracket, and I think UMass as our 4 seed, and Villanova as our 2 seed are just about the best we can ask for outside of Wichita State as our 2 seed.

That west region is absolutely brutal for Arizona if it happened.

2 Kansas 3. San Diego State 4. Iowa 5. Duke 8. Florida State 9. Kansas State

I would love our bracket, and I think UMass as our 4 seed, and Villanova as our 2 seed are just about the best we can ask for outside of Wichita State as our 2 seed.
Their punishment for playing patty cake league lol.

You mean it wasn't Ron Morris from the The State Newspaper in South Carolina?

That was Zack Morris.

giphy.gif

I would love to see UMass as a 4 seed, but I am not sure if they are on track for it anymore. They have been very shaky at home for 4 consecutive games, and barely got by a bad Mason team last night.

That being said if Nova and UMass are on 2 different seed lines in the top 4 seeds, we are basically guaranteed to get them in our pod (assuming we are #1 east)

This is for two reasons:
1) The committee moved away from s-curve for top lines, to geography a few years back.
2) Top seeds that get placed out of region are those that are not #1 in their conference, and most be moved in order to meet bracket rules. Villanova and UMass would be #1 in the conference

I wouldn't be thrilled with Nova as the 2 seed.

If Nova is a 2-4 seed and #1 in the Big East, we are pretty much stuck with them, unless the committee really wants to avoid a rematch in the Sweet 16 (which may be a consideration but not a rule they must meet)

If Nova is a 2-4 seed and #1 in the Big East, we are pretty much stuck with them, unless the committee really wants to avoid a rematch in the Sweet 16 (which may be a consideration but not a rule they must meet)
Unless Ohio State was ahead of Villanova on the S-Curve. If Ohio State can't end up in Indy which they won't because Michigan State will likely be above them then the next best region would be East. However, I don't think Ohio State will finish ahead of Villanova.

Unless Ohio State was ahead of Villanova on the S-Curve. If Ohio State can't end up in Indy which they won't because Michigan State will likely be above them then the next best region would be East. However, I don't think Ohio State will finish ahead of Villanova.

Alsacs, I think they essentially abandoned the s-curve philosophy a few years back for pod seeds to further reduce travel. If you are a 2 seed, closest teams to the regional get first dibs. It could suck for a better B10 or B12 team that would get sent out West.

Alsacs, I think they essentially abandoned the s-curve philosophy a few years back for pod seeds to further reduce travel. If you are a 2 seed, closest teams to the regional get first dibs. It could suck for a better B10 or B12 team that would get sent out West.
I understand what your saying, but my point was that if Ohio State and Villanova were both 2 seeds and Ohio State couldn't be in Indy region of a B1G team they could be the 2 seed in the East and send Nova out of MSG if they were a 2 seed as well if Ohio State was ahead of Nova on the S-Curve. That is the only way realistically outside of Villanova losing games and moving out of protected status that they wouldn't be placed in the East region.

Lots of good thoughts here. I agree that we will most likely see Nova and Temple if they handle business as 2,3,4 seed in our bracket which is great for us IMO.

Lots of good thoughts here. I agree that we will most likely see Nova and Temple if they handle business as 2,3,4 seed in our bracket which is great for us IMO.

Well, it seems like every year the committee will put the highest ranking best 3-point shooting teams against Syracuse.

The committee has abandoned the strict S-Curve philosophy of having 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5 for using seeding teams to regions and have shifted to using geography as the basis for placing teams in regions. Meaning if the 5th highest seed and supposed top 2 seed's best region for travel happened to be in the number 1 overall's seed bracket they would be placed their, and 6 was best with 4th seed they would go their. If Ohio State was 7 on the S-Curve and Villanova was 8 then Ohio State would likely get the East over Villanova that is what I am saying.

Well, it seems like every year the committee will put the highest ranking best 3-point shooting teams against Syracuse.

For the unprotected seeds they may but the 1-4 seed line is tilted toward geography these days.

The committee has abandoned the strict S-Curve philosophy of having 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5 for using seeding teams to regions and have shifted to using geography as the basis for placing teams in regions. Meaning if the 5th highest seed and supposed top 2 seed's best region for travel happened to be in the number 1 overall's seed bracket they would be placed their, and 6 was best with 4th seed they would go their. If Ohio State was 7 on the S-Curve and Villanova was 8 then Ohio State would likely get the East over Villanova that is what I am saying.

Well, all I know is it sure was sweet to beat IU last year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom