John Cahill hanging up his whistle | Syracusefan.com

John Cahill hanging up his whistle

Good for him. I like to see these guys retire before they are too old and fat to even attempt to keep up with the play.

To paraphrase Glinda, was he a good ref or a bed ref? Can't remember.

To paraphrase Glinda, was he a good ref or a bed ref? Can't remember.
I think he was okay. Reffed a number of Final Fours. Was known for letting the teams play.

UConn fans will never forgive him for calling a Syracuse timeout while UConn was in the process of stealing the ball from a Syracuse player late in a game at the Dome a couple of years ago.

Syracuse fans will long remember him for allowing UL to play extremely physical during the second half all out press they threw at Syracuse in the BET to make a remarkable comeback.

I believe he ended his career calling the NC game in the Georgia Dome. UL fans will miss him greatly, as will Rick Pitino.

I don't see any of these guys retiring at any time for any reason, as a bad thing, ever.

Cahill's retiring?

applause.gif

In 1993 or 1994, Lucious Jackson knocked him down while running after a loose ball at BC. Cahill smacked his head on the court pretty hard. He was a decent official in those days.

He's been as inconsistent with whistling contact as any of our regulars in the past decade. Can't say he'll be missed any more than Tim Higgins or Jody Silvester is missed (though maybe Cahill isn't quite on that level).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom