JOHN FREAKEN WALLACE | Syracusefan.com

JOHN FREAKEN WALLACE

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
My all time favorit Cuse player!!!!! He's still the EFFFFFEN Man!!
\

Sans Melo's year, JW's senior season could've been the best individual season in Cuse history. That's saying something.

Sans Melo's year, JW's senior season could've been the best individual season in Cuse history. That's saying something.

It was amazing--and so was the ride.

Wallace's Sr. year was the best year any Boeheim player has ever had, including Melo. If Wallace had GMac, Warrick and the rest he would have won a title too. He might have anyway if Sims hadn't gotten hurt against Kentucky, we had all the momentum until he had to go out and we had to face their press with no point guard.

Still confounds me that he never really made it in the NBA.
He always seemed to end up on teams a) loaded with forwards, and b) who worked really, really hard.

Confounding as it was, guys like Kurt Thomas came out of 'nowhere' and had long, fantastic careers.

Wallace's Sr. year was the best year any Boeheim player has ever had, including Melo. If Wallace had GMac, Warrick and the rest he would have won a title too. He might have anyway if Sims hadn't gotten hurt against Kentucky, we had all the momentum until he had to go out and we had to face their press with no point guard.

General, I completely agree.

That Kentucky team is arguably one of the most talented NCAA champions [top to bottom] ever--given the ridiculous number of NBA players on that squad. But if not for that injury and a call or two [i.e., the non-travel on Mark Pope and the fifth foul on Wallace], we came close to knocking them off.

It is really too bad--this would have been as big as the Danny and the Miracles upset over Oklahoma.

That close...

He could score at will but he could never guard anyone in the NBA. I used to watch his games with the Knicks and you could see he never made a committment to defense.

General, I completely agree.

That Kentucky team is arguably one of the most talented NCAA champions [top to bottom] ever--given the ridiculous number of NBA players on that squad. But if not for that injury and a call or two [i.e., the non-travel on Mark Pope and the fifth foul on Wallace], we came close to knocking them off.

It is really too bad--this would have been as big as the Danny and the Miracles upset over Oklahoma.

That close...

Yup, he proved just how good he was scorching all those Kentucky NBA guys. They didn't have a chance against him. God damn Tony Delk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom