John Robertson was a 2 star! | Syracusefan.com

John Robertson was a 2 star!

Crusty

Living Legend
Had offers from Nova, James Madison and New Hampshire.
  • Ht:6'2"
  • Wt:190 lbs
  • 40:4.6 secs
  • Bench Max:265
  • Squat Max:365

Crusty said:
Had offers from Nova, James Madison and New Hampshire. [*]Ht:6'2" [*]Wt:190 lbs [*]40:4.6 secs [*]Bench Max:265 [*]Squat Max:365

Wish he was on our team.

Had offers from Nova, James Madison and New Hampshire.
  • Ht:6'2"
  • Wt:190 lbs
  • 40:4.6 secs
  • Bench Max:265
  • Squat Max:365

There kid is good, gutsy and admirable. He's a reason why college football will always be > than pro.

Doesn't really make sense... Good height and that 40 time is tremendous for a qb...
Basically 4 inches taller than Brisly and just as fast?

Last edited:
Twas the one that got away

He is the 2nd best qb we will play

Actually he might even be the 2nd-worst QB that SU will play this year (hard to judge 1st-yr starters right now), but he's definitely behind Golson and Boone.

Actually he might even be the 2nd-worst QB that SU will play this year (hard to judge 1st-yr starters right now), but he's definitely behind Golson and Boone.
We will see. That kid made a ton out of nothing. Our d or not...

I'm not taking anything away from the kid, but I'm not ready to declare him 2nd team All-ACC either.

Through the air, Robertson was 16/27, 199 yds. Hunt and Wilson combined were 22/34, 183 yds.
Robertson killed us with his legs, but he absorbed a lot of hits and seemed gassed at the end (he even had to come out for a play or two). Personally, I think this was a factor in Talley's decision to go for 2.

Mike Williams was a 2 star as well. Not saying Robertson deserved to be higher, but the system isn't perfect.

Mike Williams was a 2 star as well. Not saying Robertson deserved to be higher, but the system isn't perfect.
And sometimes it screws up big time . Robertson started as a FR.

This time I cannot disagree with you more. He would be a starting QB on almost any P5 team - I was really impressed with his performance as he played one heck of a game. He was even more accurate than 16-27 as his receivers actually dropped a lot of balls thrown in stride at their numbers that they should have caught. Even a couple that would have been TD catches (check the perfectly thrown missed catch just before the first missed FG).

If you can stomach it, go back and watch the game. He was decisively accurate even when our DBs & CBs were all over their receivers he threw it right where no one could get it except his receivers. He completely controlled the game and they would easily be 1-0 if not for a super lucky missed chip-shot FG at the end of regulation. Heck he even controlled the clock better than our coaching staff did especially at end of game. And I only described his throwing ability. He will be the 2nd best QB we play all year period.

Last edited:
This time I cannot disagree with you more. He would be a starting QB on almost any P5 team - I was really impressed with his performance as he played one heck of a game. He was even more accurate than 16-27 as his receivers actually dropped a lot of balls thrown in stride at their numbers that they should have caught. Even a couple that would have been TD catches (check the perfectly thrown missed catch just before the first missed FG).

If you can stomach it, go back and watch the game. He was decisively accurate even when our DBs & CBs were all over our receivers he threw it right where no one could get it except his receivers. He completely controlled the game and they would easily be 1-0 if not for a super lucky missed FG at the end of regulation. Heck he even controlled the clock better than our coaching staff did especially at end of game. And I only described his throwing ability. He will be the 2nd best QB we play all year period.
I can think of a bunch of ACC, B1G and American teams that would probably love to have him.

He had 199 through the air and 115 on the ground and should've had a W under his belt. He's very good. Not sure what kind of arm he really has. Certainly accurate. Perhaps we'll see him someday even as a Julian Edelman type in the NFL.

The star rating is a frame of film in a movie where you don't know if the butler did it until the end.

The worst thing about college football is that it's dominated by the type and location of the school, the budget and facilities and a it's recent history. The best thing about it is that gives certain schools advantages in recruiting teenagers. Nobody really knows how good a 16 year old is going to be by the time he's 21. It gives the rest of us a chance.

There kid is good, gutsy and admirable. He's a reason why college football will always be > than pro.

Yup and no way he is 6'2 either.

That Winston kid is decent too...

If you can stomach it, go back and watch the game. He was decisively accurate even when our DBs & CBs were all over their receivers he threw it right where no one could get it except his receivers. He completely controlled the game and they would easily be 1-0 if not for a super lucky missed chip-shot FG at the end of regulation. Heck he even controlled the clock better than our coaching staff did especially at end of game. And I only described his throwing ability. He will be the 2nd best QB we play all year period.
You guys kill me. Reality is that if Robertson was at SU he would be playing WR or DB. He's very good FCS QB who had a good day against a bad defense. He's experienced and confident. He might play QB at a few P5 schools but at most he would have had to switch positions.

You guys kill me. Reality is that if Robertson was at SU he would be playing WR or DB. He's very good FCS QB who had a good day against a bad defense. He's experienced and confident. He might play QB at a few P5 schools but at most he would have had to switch positions.
The overstatement of his ability is mind boggling. He was ok at best. I mean I have heard him described as ridiculous. Watch some of the others we get to play this year...lol

I watched Robertson play once in HS. He rushed for 262 yards and 7 TDs and passed for 328 yards and 1 TD in that one game. He doesn't have the size or arm strength of a big D1 recruit, but the kid can play.

Highlights of that game are here: