Class of 2015 - John White Jr., QB/Ath (Woodbridge, VA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 John White Jr., QB/Ath (Woodbridge, VA)

Van111

Starter
Wanted to pass this on. I work with this young man's father and have met him several times. He is a really a great kid in a small hotbed area in Woodbridge Virginia. Plays for an average school at best but the young man has his act together academically and on the field from what I can see. Haven't seen him play in person, but will this fall. He is planning on attending summer camp with Syracuse this year and went to Alabama's last year and was invited back as well this year. What I like about him is he shows allot of maturity and poise in the pocket and can put some touch on his passes. Also plays CB as well. Not sure what kind of prospect he will be, but getting into this part of Virginia would be a pretty good thing. Also has an Aunt that works at Syracuse University Hospital so roots to the area. Don't know his friend but the kid is huge. Plays the OL and he is 6-5 and over 300. Spoke with his Dad and he is high on Syracuse as well. Not sure of the interest or what level prospect he might be, so am posting a thread for the young man to see what you all think. At the 3:32 watch him run by DT DeShawn Hand #2 DE 2014. Most definitely an under the radar player.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/638275/#highlights/125848377

My summary on the young man, has great touch, north/south runner that moves the chains, great composure, accurate, and patient in the pocket but can also run the pistol as a DT option. My concern is arm strength as that for the most part wasn't in the highlights. Also a good punter, made allstate, and also loves Track & Field. Last 40 was around 4.6, but not sure if this is accurate. Dad thinks he was closer to 4.5 hence why he is focusing on Track. He is pushing 6-2 and around 175 but is really hitting the weights. His best friend is a Freshman who is already 6-5 and over 300, rediculous. He watches his back he said and he is pushing him in the weight room to control his weight. We'll see him next year. Would love to see the CUSE break into this area. Brought him, his Dad and a couple of his friends up to the Maryland game this year and it may have sparked an interest in him.

Good luck I hope they give him a look. I was hoping for them to look at Stroman from Stonewall last year before he blew up. The following schools in that district are loaded with D 1 talent Stonewall, Woodbridge, CD Hylton, Osbourn City and Patriot. Patriot just opened but they have the district line which gives them Linton Hall road.
Side note Stonewall has a kid named Tim Settle you should try and catch that game when they play Woodbridge. Pretty sure he is heading to Alabama like Hand did.

Good luck I hope they give him a look. I was hoping for them to look at Stroman from Stonewall last year before he blew up. The following schools in that district are loaded with D 1 talent Stonewall, Woodbridge, CD Hylton, Osbourn City and Patriot. Patriot just opened but they have the district line which gives them Linton Hall road.
Side note Stonewall has a kid named Tim Settle you should try and catch that game when they play Woodbridge. Pretty sure he is heading to Alabama like Hand did.
We can only do what we can. I know we can't recruit evreybody, but there is more than just getting 1 kid recruited here, it is building a relationship and trust to an area. Couldn't agree with you more. this area has a lot of talent in it, and I think the door is open for a school like SU to get a foot hold into the area.

We can only do what we can. I know we can't recruit evreybody, but there is more than just getting 1 kid recruited here, it is building a relationship and trust to an area. Couldn't agree with you more. this area has a lot of talent in it, and I think the door is open for a school like SU to get a foot hold into the area.

The league sent 8 (3 from Battlefield) kids to college this year - 3 to VT and 5 to lower level schools. Loaded is a bit of an overstatement even going into next year. Outside of Settle and Matt Burrell (Hylton) there are not a ton of consensus D1 prospects. Briar Woods, Broad Run and Centerville have more prospects.

School to keep an eye on is Virginia Academy. First year of football last year and destroyed some good JV teams. Under Armour money behind the program with Antwaan Randle El involved. Recruiting kids from all over DC area.

BTW - Greg Stroman is a great kid but will be a DB at Tech. Travon McMillan from Hylton is one of VT's QB recruits. Huge arm and mobile - good player.

The league sent 8 (3 from Battlefield) kids to college this year - 3 to VT and 5 to lower level schools. Loaded is a bit of an overstatement even going into next year. Outside of Settle and Matt Burrell (Hylton) there are not a ton of consensus D1 prospects. Briar Woods, Broad Run and Centerville have more prospects.

School to keep an eye on is Virginia Academy. First year of football last year and destroyed some good JV teams. Under Armour money behind the program with Antwaan Randle El involved. Recruiting kids from all over DC area.

BTW - Greg Stroman is a great kid but will be a DB at Tech. Travon McMillan from Hylton is one of VT's QB recruits. Huge arm and mobile - good player.
Stroman would excel more as a slot reciever (I know he is going to play cb) he IMO was the most explosive player in the state last year. The only reason they lost to Centreville last year is Stubbs and Settle played both ways on the line (three O-Line went down before the season). Centreville dressed 65 Stonewall dressed 35, I was at the game and my buddy Brian is the QB coach at Stonewall so I may be a little one sided lol.
On another note I am not just referring to this coming year when I talk about that area I am pointing to two years down the road and previous years. A few examples Amhad Brooks was CD Hylton, DeShawn Hand Woodbridge, Ryan Williams Stonewall, Brandon Hogan Osbourn City. These are just a few but I agree not a lot of kids went D 1 last year however this area has some freaking studs.
I can't even argue with what you said about Virginia Academy I fully agree, but just keep an eye out for Patriot in the next two years if you have a chance they took Battlefields pipeline of Linton Hall road.

Last edited:
Great news but unofficial, but just heard through Johns family this young man's High School Coach just got a call from an SU Coach about him. Needless to say he was a bit excited according to Dad!

Did they call after your input to the staff?

It was a little disheartening to me when I sent SU a lead on two future D-1 players (Notre Dame and Boise State), that are twins, early in their recruitment and never heard from Syracuse despite their interest. They had the desire to play together... #MissedOpportunity

Ofcourse I guess SU has plenty of academically qualified DE/LB candidates with speed they can blow off recruit leads from Texas.

It was a little disheartening to me when I sent SU a lead on two future D-1 players (Notre Dame and Boise State), that are twins, early in their recruitment and never heard from Syracuse despite their interest. They had the desire to play together... #MissedOpportunity

Ofcourse I guess SU has plenty of academically qualified DE/LB candidates with speed they can blow off recruit leads from Texas.

Honestly, I have no idea what so ever Mark. I even said it is unofficial as to me it is still hearsay as it came from Dad, not that I don't believe it, but things can get mixed up. I hear you on the kids from Texas, would be nice to have a footprint in that state since I believe that 14% of all D1 recruits come from that state period.

The coaching staff know what their looking for and all we can do is provide some feedback and if that is highlighting a young talent, then I say do it. I would encourage you to keep up the eye on Texas, there is always somebody watching, and who knows if it is us or not? They may have their eye on a dozen kids from the area and are making the decision to pursue the area and feeling out HS Coaching as they have so much influence on these kids decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom