John Wildhack and Pete Sala Press Conference | Wed 9:30 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack and Pete Sala Press Conference | Wed 9:30 AM

I wonder if he’s referring to how the sound is from the speakers/sound system as opposed to level of crowd noise. Plastic seats might help the sound system from sounding so terrible……? No idea though.

Correct, he's talking about the plastic being much better for the sound system then all that metal. Still will need to hear it to believe it based on how bad it has been but can't possibly be worse.

wonder if the crowd noise will be similar even with lower capacity because of a larger student section to make up the difference for noise level

wonder if the crowd noise will be similar even with lower capacity because of a larger student section to make up the difference for noise level
It shouldn't suffer that much. The new roof is really loud generally and 43,000 spread out very evenly will be loud.

I wonder if he’s referring to how the sound is from the speakers/sound system as opposed to level of crowd noise. Plastic seats might help the sound system from sounding so terrible……? No idea though.
I think the thought is that there will be less echo/sound waves bouncing around in various directions with all that metal removed.

It can't hurt anyway...

So what does the statement about wireless not being ready mean? Is that where they are really using cell 5g and not wireless components to get signal moved around?

I wonder how Bball seating can stay close to 33K when you have removed so much seating in the main bowl areas? That would mean more people pushed out to the vast far edges wouldnt it?

So what does the statement about wireless not being ready mean? Is that where they are really using cell 5g and not wireless components to get signal moved around?
My understanding is that there will be no WiFi. 5G is ready to go. Should see upgrades in download speed and latency. Provisions have been made at all the gates to help eliminate what some people were experiencing with not being able to access mobile tickets b/c of connection issues.

My understanding is that there will be no WiFi. 5G is ready to go. Should see upgrades in download speed and latency. Provisions have been made at all the gates to help eliminate what some people were experiencing with not being able to access mobile tickets b/c of connection issues.
So they missed the wireless install by over a yr now?

I wouldn't blame the University on this one. They let JMA handle most of the install and getting the wireless carriers on board. Also the reason that at the last couple press conferences John Mezzalingua has sent his COO to present because he didn't want to field questions about the delayed rollout.

I think there is a misunderstanding here, but I am certainly not an expert. JMA, the company, specializes in software based wireless networks. The installations of JMA's antennas is complete/nearly complete. They have a 5G "radio solution" for indoor stadiums that is supposed to be state of the art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom