Jon 'Bones' Jones ready for challenge from 'Rampage' Jackson | Syracusefan.com

Jon 'Bones' Jones ready for challenge from 'Rampage' Jackson

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
9393208-large.jpg

Jones is the UFC light-heavyweight champion

So, how does Jackson go toe-to-toe with such a youthful fighter with the longest reach of anyone in UFC?
“I’m not going to tell you that!” Jackson barked. “That guy has satellite dishes everywhere.”

Awesome! Rampage gets it. Still want JBJ to cave his face in with a flying knee.

So, how does Jackson go toe-to-toe with such a youthful fighter with the longest reach of anyone in UFC?
“I’m not going to tell you that!” Jackson barked. “That guy has satellite dishes everywhere.”

Awesome! Rampage gets it. Still want JBJ to cave his face in with a flying knee.

Rampage accused JBJ of having spies in his training camp. Thats what the sattelite comment is about.

This fight scares me. I'm as big of a JBJ fan as anyone, but Rampage is one seriously bad mamma-jamma. Not super technical, but can hit like a sledgehammer.

Rampage accused JBJ of having spies in his training camp. Thats what the sattelite comment is about.

I know...I like that Rampage is going full conspiracy theory heel mode with it. I meant he "gets it" in that he knows what sells fights.

I think Jones wins he's a much better fighter than Rampage.

What makes this interesting though is that Rampage can take some hits and he does have very heavy hands. Do we know what kind of chin Jones has?

I was watching the pre-fight on Spike and Rampage said he was working on his ground game while they showed some video. He looked uncomfortable and vulnerable. If Jones can get him to the ground, I like his chances. Rampage is an unimpressive technical fighter but one of his big punches could be trouble.

I think Jones wins he's a much better fighter than Rampage.

What makes this interesting though is that Rampage can take some hits and he does have very heavy hands. Do we know what kind of chip Jones has?
That is a good point - Jones has never been hurt. However, the guy is an athletic freak. Rampage has good standup (great hands, no kicks) but he's going against a guy who can sit outside his range until he decides to attack with a spinning back-elbow or whatever else he chooses from the arsenal. I always root for Rampage, he's a funny dude who fights hard, tries to finish and doesn't hold back in the octagon or on a mic. Jones's weapons > Rampage's weapons. Jones will dictate where the action occurs and that will eventually frustrate Rampage into a mistake.

I want to see Jones suplex Rampage. Either way, Jones wins this. It doesn't go the full 5.

Even though he handled Hamill, I didn't think Rampage looked like a world-beater, or even a contender, in that fight.

I can't see Rampage getting inside close enough to land those big punches. I feel like Bones will be going for the takedown right away.

The only way I see Rampage having a chance is if Jones gets too cocky and starts exchanging recklessly. If Jones gets him down its over, but this should be a good test for Jones, Rampage does have really good takedown defense so i'll be impressed if he ragdolls him the way he has done to everyone else he has faced.

Agreed - Jones shouldn't try to box with him. Rampage has heavy hands. Jones needs to make him uncomfortable. Wrestle him. Rampage isn't great on the ground. That said, I'd love to see Jones land a spinning elbow.

I want Jones to win and win big, then have Silva move up to fight him. That's a fight I'd love to see, and i see no one on the horizon that's going to give Silva any trouble where he is. Sonnen had him on his back for 5 rounds and could barely hurt him then he got triangled. Anderson knocked the last guy out with a jab while holding his hands at his waist.

I know...I like that Rampage is going full conspiracy theory heel mode with it. I meant he "gets it" in that he knows what sells fights.

Gotcha...and yeah I agree

I want to see a Jones - Rashad Evans main event.
I really do too...I think Rashad has the skill set and mental toughness to take him out to be honest.

I agree Rashad has the best skillset to give Jones problems. Go who would you root for in this fight since you've wrestled with Rashad before?

I agree Rashad has the best skillset to give Jones problems. Go who would you root for in this fight since you've wrestled with Rashad before?
well I still text back and forth here and there with Rashad..mostly when there are fights on and we talk a lot of MMA together. Therefor I would go for him, my ties to him are a bit stronger. But I def pull for Bones in any of his other fights. I always pull for NY wrestlers or wrestlers in general...well...mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom