Jon Jones accussed | Syracusefan.com

Jon Jones accussed

Yeah im definitely looking forward to this, im not sure who to root for here, the guy who has syracuse connections or one of the original fighters I followed.

Gotta go with Jones. And this lil spygate thing, I believe Jones before Rampage and his corner any day.

I think that Jones is gonna maul Rampage, the only way I see Jackson winning is if he catches Jones with a big punch but really since the Forrest Griffin fight Jackson hasnt really been putting anyone away so I think it would be a longshot.

I think that Jones is gonna maul Rampage, the only way I see Jackson winning is if he catches Jones with a big punch but really since the Forrest Griffin fight Jackson hasnt really been putting anyone away so I think it would be a longshot.
I think jones dominates.

I dunno boys. I love the way JbJ fights. He has beaten the best of the best. And I surely can appreciate the family connection. But Rampage is a legit badass with something to prove.

This isn't going to be a pushover fight.

I dunno boys. I love the way JbJ fights. He has beaten the best of the best. And I surely can appreciate the family connection. But Rampage is a legit badass with something to prove.

This isn't going to be a pushover fight.
Rampage is not what he used to be , jones is like tyson in his prime.

Rampage must be nervous if he's resorting to bush league gimmicks to try to distract the younger opponent.

If he's just trying to hype the fight, he may as well embrace being the "bad guy" though. Sure Rampage has his fans, but everyone loves Bones and the crowd is going to be behind him.

To be honest a lot of MMA fans have soured on Jones. They see him as being very arrogant and cocky and have becomed annoyed with his "god is great" attitude. People think that his whole demeanor is fake and they have begun to root agaisnt him. Sucess always brings out the hate.

please excuse my ufc ignorance...but when is this fight?

To be honest a lot of MMA fans have soured on Jones. They see him as being very arrogant and cocky and have becomed annoyed with his "god is great" attitude. People think that his whole demeanor is fake and they have begun to root agaisnt him. Sucess always brings out the hate.

It's unfortunate people feel that way and they are clearly very unfamiliar with the Jones' clan. I can't wait to see Bones do work against Rampage.

Yah I know...and I am a HUGE Rashad Evans fan (I wrestled with him in college)...so it is going to be tough to see them fight after Bones dismantles Rampage.

Gocuse your right a lot of people I know who follow MMA actually cant stand Jones. But really I think that Rashad Evans probably has the best chance of beating Jones right now in that division. If this was 2005 Rampage, I would say he could have a chance but at this point I dont think he does. However I would be happily surprised if he did win.

Gocuse your right a lot of people I know who follow MMA actually cant stand Jones. But really I think that Rashad Evans probably has the best chance of beating Jones right now in that division. If this was 2005 Rampage, I would say he could have a chance but at this point I dont think he does. However I would be happily surprised if he did win.

I agree and it really has nothing (well...maybe a little) to do with me being an admitted Rashad Evans homer. I think that Rahsad is quick and elusive enough to avoid the reach on Bones and get inside. Then I think that he has the skill set to get him to him the ground. We have never seen Bones have to work off his back before. Rahsad has great top control and a BJJ BB so he isnt going to get submitted. I think that will be a great fight...plus the back story of them once training together, both being ex-NYS high school stand out wrestlers...I get excited thinking about that possible match up.

But Bones has literally walked through everyone he has come up against...

Go I could be wrong but I think Rashad has better technical wrestling then Jones, I feel like Jones uses more throws to get people down. Like you said it can be interesting to see how Jones does off his back, much like how people were saying what Anderson Silva could do of his. Also I think that Rashad is a better boxer but overall striking may go to Jones because of his awkwardness, variety, and length.

Go I could be wrong but I think Rashad has better technical wrestling then Jones, I feel like Jones uses more throws to get people down. Like you said it can be interesting to see how Jones does off his back, much like how people were saying what Anderson Silva could do of his. Also I think that Rashad is a better boxer but overall striking may go to Jones because of his awkwardness, variety, and length.

I would say that Rashads MMA wrestling is better...the way he mixes in strikes to set up shots...Jones utilizes the Greco throws more, you are correct. Striking I would have to give to Rashad as well...but like you said the innovative strikes (spinning back elbows and crazy knees) make Jones very unpredictable. Plus that sick sick reach of bones, 84.5 inches...thats just a tough thing to get around and get close enough to use your strking or takedowns...

I think that Rahsad is quick and elusive enough to avoid the reach on Bones and get inside. Then I think that he has the skill set to get him to him the ground. We have never seen Bones have to work off his back before. Rahsad has great top control and a BJJ BB so he isnt going to get submitted. I think that will be a great fight...plus the back story of them once training together, both being ex-NYS high school stand out wrestlers...I get excited thinking about that possible match up.

I have been a fan of Rashad's since TUF2 and can see him catching one of JJ's kicks and putting him on his back...the same way he did with Forrest. If he stays in that low exagerrated stooping position that he sometimes uses he'll eventually force JJ to try head kicks at that low level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom