Jon Jones | Syracusefan.com

Jon Jones

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Can't believe nobody has posted this yet... although with all the posts and threads that still need to be made about Marrone + the huge surprise the McD won't be here next year, I guess I shouldn't be overly surprised.

Hate to say it but I was actually hoping Cormier would win the fight and I had always been a huge Jones fan. Starting to think a lot of the stories about Jones that have been floating around the MMA world for awhile are more true than just sour grapes.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...pion-jon-jones-enters-drug-treatment-facility

Can't believe nobody has posted this yet... although with all the posts and threads that still need to be made about Marrone + the huge surprise the McD won't be here next year, I guess I shouldn't be overly surprised.

Hate to say it but I was actually hoping Cormier would win the fight and I had always been a huge Jones fan. Starting to think a lot of the stories about Jones that have been floating around the MMA world for awhile are more true than just sour grapes.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...pion-jon-jones-enters-drug-treatment-facility
Yeah he seems to be an ass, but as far as him fighting, there's probably only one at most two people in the ufc who would be able to have a chance to beat him. The UFC will protect him as much as they can because he's their last real ppv draw.

What are the stories floating around the mma?

5:49 PM

Daily Articles Thread above. :p

What are the stories floating around the mma?
The stories started a couple of years ago when he wrecked his Bentley in New Mexico with an 18 year old lifeguard in the car, and since then there have been a plethora of stories about how he's an ass and fake. I really don't know how much of the stories are true though.

OT: Other Jones boys still good! 'Nuff said!

The stories started a couple of years ago when he wrecked his Bentley in New Mexico with an 18 year old lifeguard in the car, and since then there have been a plethora of stories about how he's an ass and fake. I really don't know how much of the stories are true though.
He had two kids with two chicks by age 21? .. Don't know why people are shocked

I tend to not believe a lot of those type of stories, it just seems there have been so many the last few years, can't imagine there isn't some truth to them. Now with the cocaine part thrown in there, definitely more believable.

OT: Other Jones boys still good! 'Nuff said!

and I'm still p!ssed the Bears passed and let the Patriots take Chandler and I'm stuck with freakin' Shea Mcclellin

Yeah, I think a lot of the stories are about him being fake, just like the recent promo tried to show. One Jon when the cameras are on, and another when he thinks they are off.

This cocaine story is only going to fuel the fire. You can't talk at length about your new maturity and how 2015 is the year you're going to solidify your status as GOAT and then get popped for coke without looking like a jackass.

Being a relatively local guy with an SU connection via his brothers I always rooted for him. Plus I have second-hand stories from people that met him in Ithaca and said he was super cool and down to Earth.

I was torn though, because Cormier seems like a genuinely cool guy in his own right.

I hope he is stripped of his prize money and the championship. It would be the right message to send. Although from the sounds of it that won't happen

And does Cocaine qualify as a PED?

Yeah, I think a lot of the stories are about him being fake, just like the recent promo tried to show. One Jon when the cameras are on, and another when he thinks they are off.

This cocaine story is only going to fuel the fire. You can't talk at length about your new maturity and how 2015 is the year you're going to solidify your status as GOAT and then get popped for coke without looking like a jackass.

Being a relatively local guy with an SU connection via his brothers I always rooted for him. Plus I have second-hand stories from people that met him in Ithaca and said he was super cool and down to Earth.

I was torn though, because Cormier seems like a genuinely cool guy in his own right.
All issues aside Jon Jones is probably the best mixed martial artist already, and to think that he's barely reached his prime. If he can keep his head on straight he's going to set quite the precedent for future fighters.

I hope he is stripped of his prize money and the championship. It would be the right message to send. Although from the sounds of it that won't happen

And does Cocaine qualify as a PED?

Nope...recreational but you do have to wonder how it could aide with weight cuts because serves as an appetite suppressant.

Nope...recreational but you do have to wonder how it could aide with weight cuts because serves as an appetite suppressant.

Exactly, he was talking about how easy making weight was for him now...the old Castle Court Diet lol.

Another news story could break in the coming days or weeks that Jon Jones also had a testosterone level that it raised a red flag he was coming off a "cycle" for steroids. Where the variance of some sort of test jumped from 610 to 2700 and he had a testosterone level so low on one test that it almost says he was coming off a cycle and trying to hide something . The numbers confuse me as I am not an expert in this stuff but the long story short is he is on something. Reports are the the tests were abnormal and raised flags that he was coming off a steroid cycle. And the UFC knew it but did nothing about it because they didn't want to cancel the fight last minute. So UFC just looked the other way and will deal with it now.

Being reported in a few places but nothing has been officially confirmed yet. But we might not see Jon Jones fight for a very long time.

Another news story could break in the coming days or weeks that Jon Jones also had a testosterone level that it raised a red flag he was coming off a "cycle" for steroids. Where the variance of some sort of test jumped from 610 to 2700 and he had a testosterone level so low on one test that it almost says he was coming off a cycle and trying to hide something . The numbers confuse me as I am not an expert in this stuff but the long story short is he is on something. Reports are the the tests were abnormal and raised flags that he was coming off a steroid cycle. And the UFC knew it but did nothing about it because they didn't want to cancel the fight last minute. So UFC just looked the other way and will deal with it now.

Being reported in a few places but nothing has been officially confirmed yet. But we might not see Jon Jones fight for a very long time.
Yeah I saw this yesterday and it's definitely odd. It looks like he cycled and then tried to balance it out with epitestosterone but went overboard. His levels were .19/1 T/E which is a major red flag for any person who is less than 90 years old.

Yeah I saw this yesterday and it's definitely odd. It looks like he cycled and then tried to balance it out with epitestosterone but went overboard. His levels were .19/1 T/E which is a major red flag for any person who is less than 90 years old.

I heard Cormier's levels were off also. Again no smoking gun, but just off.

I heard Cormier's levels were off also. Again no smoking gun, but just off.
Yeah it looks like his was .40/1 which is also odd. I hate to sound cynical but in mma I think steroid use is rampant and nothing surprises me.

Yeah it looks like his was .40/1 which is also odd. I hate to sound cynical but in mma I think steroid use is rampant and nothing surprises me.

Exactly

Testosterone in particular is a tough issue to handle. If a fighter's T level is naturally below average, can he take Androgel to hit average? If so, average for who? (all men 18-80, athletes 18-30, etc) I can see a good argument for both sides.

Testosterone in particular is a tough issue to handle. If a fighter's T level is naturally below average, can he take Androgel to hit average? If so, average for who? (all men 18-80, athletes 18-30, etc) I can see a good argument for both sides.
Well up until the spring of 2014, athletic commissions allowed the use of TRT which was widely used by fighters, but of course it was being abused. As for average test levels, the Nevada state athletic commission states that anywhere from 1/1 - 4/1 T/E level is normal, so a person with low testosterone used to be able to be on testosterone replacement as long as they stayed within those levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom