Jon Rothstein’s way too early top 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jon Rothstein’s way too early top 25

2 comments. Any other year, a school brings in 4 top 10 (not to mention THE top 4!) recruits gets ranked higher than 7th, something doesn't add up. And for SU, Moyer is only a key lose because Battle reurnted and apparently having Bazley not attend isn't a lose because there is no other loses. Not fimilar enough with the other teams but these 2 things make me question his thinking.

Tyus returning is a huge shot in the arm - for the team and the fanbase! Can't wait to see these guys come out of the gate like a seasoned squad next year. I expect some early season success that will have us moving from the 15-25 range to the top 10 range pretty quickly.

I'm jacked up! LGO!!!

I know people are geeked up about returning everyone from a sweet sixteen run and reasonably so. I am too!

But the other side of that coin is that we had a regular season that gut us barely into the tournament. Which is probably a better barometer than two weeks in March.

I like 16. Higher than weve been in a while but still plenty of room to climb.
On the other hand, we lost many very close games last season. So add another decent couple of scorers/offensive threats (Carey and Hughes), a healthy backup center with post skills (Sidibe) and more experience all around, and that could add another 4-5 wins to our conference record.

Its all about this...

images

The rest is just rhetoric.

What a turnaround job!

Remember that Hop was right with us or even ahead of us on some of those bubble charts at the end of his first season...and now he's right behind us in the rankings(would have been AHEAD of us, if Tyus didnt surprise the majority on here and return). Way to go, Hop! (I can imagine the threads on here if he finishes significantly higher in the rankings than us, especially with such high expectations...and it isnt outside the realm of possibility).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jungleman46

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom