Jonny Bones | Syracusefan.com

Jonny Bones

OburgCuse

Starter
will be in the house tommorrow

x2_8482976_normal.jpg

Jonnybones Jon Bones Jones

Excited to go see my little brother @ChanJones99 and the Syracuse orange play west Virginia tomorrow night.. should be a good game

nice, I've always said that Gross should parlay him into a Syracuse marketing icon. be his sponsor, have him and his entourage wear SU stuff. no idea if any of that is legal, but I dont see where it would be a problem.

I actually didn't take that to mean he'd be at the Dome. I just assumed that meant he'd be watching it on ESPN.

I actually didn't take that to mean he'd be at the Dome. I just assumed that meant he'd be watching it on ESPN.

You might be right, but he is in the area currently and heading back to New Mexico on Sunday so I'd imagine he'll be attending.

Usually on twitter when people say stuff to him about Chan having a good game or whatever he's like, "oh he's playing today? Can I find it on TV" lol

he used to be around whenever he could when art was still wearing orange, I would expect the same now.

If I'm the Syracuse pr people, I do everything possible to get him on-air tonight wearing SU gear. A shot of him in the crowd, a halftime interview, get him in the broadcast booth, something.

If I'm the Syracuse pr people, I do everything possible to get him on-air tonight wearing SU gear. A shot of him in the crowd, a halftime interview, get him in the broadcast booth, something.

+100

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY. Give this guy as much facetime as possible. Put him on the sideline with the team. Get him in the booth.

nice, I've always said that Gross should parlay him into a Syracuse marketing icon. be his sponsor, have him and his entourage wear SU stuff. no idea if any of that is legal, but I dont see where it would be a problem.

can't imagine it would be a problem. Boise St. sponsored a NASCAR car in Atlanta the weekend of their game vs. UGA. Sponsoring Jonny would just be general sports sponsorship, I think. Makes a TON of sense (and would actually be very low cost, relatively, and speak directly to a large share of the recruiting base).

can't imagine it would be a problem. Boise St. sponsored a NASCAR car in Atlanta the weekend of their game vs. UGA. Sponsoring Jonny would just be general sports sponsorship, I think. Makes a TON of sense (and would actually be very low cost, relatively, and speak directly to a large share of the recruiting base).
that is exactly it. MMA is growing quickly, with a young fan base. it would be smart for SU to capitalize on that. i just have no idea how much it would cost to sponsor him...

I don't think we'd actually have to work too hard to get him to rock some SU gear, frankly.

And it is nice to have the brightest young star in one of the fastest growing sports with ties to the University...it'd be nice to have him somewhere with a lot of visibility. I remember watching an old game on ESPN Classic when Qadry was still playing, and we had the Rocket on the sideline in full SU gear and they must have showed him about 15 times, and even interviewed him during the game. It'd be nice to have something similar here.

The big question is if he'd rather be on campus/television wearing SU stuff for his brother or wearing his own branded clothing to promote himself. I know he's a genuinely down-to-earth guy, but his agent might have a say if they know he'll be on ESPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom