Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene & Hakim Warrick updates | Syracusefan.com

Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene & Hakim Warrick updates

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
i

Last night Jonny got 15 minutes of playing time & had 5 points & 3 assists in a one point loss to the Clipper's and Blake Griffin, the player who helped eliminate SU in Flynn's last game as an Orangeman.

On Thursday against New Orleans Jonny had no points or assists in 15 minutes.

Tuesday in 25 minutes he scored 10 points and had 5 assists with 3 rebounds against the Thunder in a loss.

Hopefully, Jonny is sufficiently healed and gets enough playing time to shake the rust out of his game and become the best player he can be.

i

On Friday Donte scored 10 points & had 3 rebounds in 16 minutes in a one point win over the Jazz.

On Wednesday against San Antonio Greene saw 11 minutes of action where he put up 6 points but grabbed no rebounds as the Spurs won by 5.

Monday Donte got a rare start in an overtime loss to the Rocket's. He had 8 points 5 rebounds & 2 blocked shots.

i

Against the Clippers on Wednesday Hak had 6 points, 5 rebounds in 10 minutes as the Suns lost 103-86.

Tuesday Warrick had 6 points in 8 minutes against the Spurs in a loss.

On Sunday he got a DNP against the Cavs in a win.

Its good to see that they are all getting some PT, hopefully it continues!

Saw the first half of the Blazers game and Flynn looked very good. Even had the ESPN commentator talking him up a bit.

Really amazes me that Cuse has just one good Active NBA player right now.

Hopefully Jonny and Wes kicked it up to avoid the dreaded bust title.

Is SU's lack of NBA success a tribute to JB and his ability to win with leaa talent or an indictment of his ability to develope players? I think its the former

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Is SU's lack of NBA success a tribute to JB and his ability to win with leaa talent or an indictment of his ability to develope players? I think its the former

I dont know. Donte Greene, Paul Harris and Jonny Flynn were pretty big time recruits. The only thing I can interpret from this is that high school rankings are in no way an indication of NBA success. Flynn couldnt have had a better platform than what he had at Syracuse but due to height and injuries he hasnt really stuck yet. Hes looked pretty good for Portland, hopefully he gets a shot. Felton isnt exactly blowing anyone away.

Saw the first half of the Blazers game and Flynn looked very good. Even had the ESPN commentator talking him up a bit.
And Nolan Smith received a DNP with new coach he has a great opportunity to get a second contract, which is priority number one.

Jonny has to seize this moment. If not, he will be packing his bags for Europe after this season.

Hak is getting a lot of DNP - Coaches Decision. He again, seems to be in a place where he just isn't in the long term plans. His lack of presence under the hoop as a 4 is hard to overcome for an already finesse Phoenix team. He is on his 2nd contract, so he will get a 3rd for the minimum, sitting on someone's bench.

Donte just looks like he wants to shoot jump shots. He never developed a floor game and never ever learned how to put it on the deck. Due to his size, he will certainly stick on someone's bench after this contract.

Jonny has to seize this moment. If not, he will be packing his bags for Europe after this season.

Hak is getting a lot of DNP - Coaches Decision. He again, seems to be in a place where he just isn't in the long term plans. His lack of presence under the hoop as a 4 is hard to overcome for an already finesse Phoenix team. He is on his 2nd contract, so he will get a 3rd for the minimum, sitting on someone's bench.

Donte just looks like he wants to shoot jump shots. He never developed a floor game and never ever learned how to put it on the deck. Due to his size, he will certainly stick on someone's bench after this contract.

I think Hak has max'ed out his ability. He turns 30 this year and has made 20+ Mill in his career. I think that is pretty damn good....ask Julius Hodge.

I guess some things never change. It's sad really. He's got ability. He just doesn't want to put in the work to have a more complete game. How hard is it to develop a post move or two to use against smaller players? Taking it to the basket off of the dribble against bigger guys is just about want to. I can't imagine wasting so much God given talent.

I guess some things never change. It's sad really. He's got ability. He just doesn't want to put in the work to have a more complete game. How hard is it to develop a post move or two to use against smaller players? Taking it to the basket off of the dribble against bigger guys is just about want to. I can't imagine wasting so much God given talent.
He left school too early. The NBA is not where kids should develop their games.

How about Wes Johnson. Everytime I see Kevin Love highlights, you just see Wes lurking somewhere on the court far away from the action. I understand he may be there for a relief valave to kick the ball out, but it looks for all the world like he is hiding every time you see him.

How about Wes Johnson. Everytime I see Kevin Love highlights, you just see Wes lurking somewhere on the court far away from the action. I understand he may be there for a relief valave to kick the ball out, but it looks for all the world like he is hiding every time you see him.
I think he is improving he starting to rebound and get assist. last night he had 6boards and 2 assist.

i

Wes had five points, six rebounds and two assists in twenty-two minutes as the Wolve's lost by 21 points to the Celtics last night

Wednesday in Charlotte Wes played 32 minutes, had 5 points and 5 rebounds in an 88-83 win

i

Tuesday in Memphis he played 22 minutes scored 6 points had 3 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal in the 86-93 loss. Up above Wes goes to the hoop against Dante Cunningham

i

Here he tries to defend a dunk by Kenneth Faried of Denver

Sunday he had 5 points, 2 assists a steal and a blocked shot in a 117-100 thrashing of the Denver Nuggets

Wes has started all season long

I have a feeling Dion is going to buck the trend and be another superstar. He just has that "it" factor. Dude wants the ball in those crunch time situations and he likes it when the lights are bright. He would do great coming off the bench for a team like Miami (no way he falls to Miami though) or the clippers or the Knicks.

Part of the problem is getting to a team that plays a system that makes the best of your skills. Felton is a good example. At UNC he ran an open court running offense and was great. He goes to Charlotte that played a half court offense and he struggled. Then he goes to the Knicks with D'Antoni's speedball running game and looks great. Now he's back with a Portland team that doesn't run and he looks terrible. Flynn needs an open court up-tempo system to have any chance. Hak was a nice player at SU. In the NBA he is a classic tweener...not strong enough to play the 4, not a good enough perimeter shooter to play the 3. Dante, who knows.

I know people are saying some things never change when it comes to Donte but in reality he has actually turned into a good defender for Sacramento, based on the defense he played here I would have never thought that would happen.

As a college basketball fan I am guilty of this line of thinking as well. There are probably 10-20 big time recruits every year into college basketball. Of those players, only about 1 or 2 per year might develop into an NBA franchise player. Warrick had a great NBA career and made a lot of money. Hak was a 4 star talent that made the most of his ability. Almost any college player would be happy with that type of career.

JB has put some good players into the NBA. The game in the NBA is played at such a high level and there is so much competition (especially international competition) that it is very difficult to be a star in the league. For a lot of these guys it comes down to their personal work ethic once they get into the league. I don't think SU players in general are more ambitious or lazier than graduates of any other program. It is a business and a numbers game. If you don't produce immediately, there is a line of talented players waiting to take your place.

He left school too early. The NBA is not where kids should develop their games.
I agree, but if someone really wants to get better they'll find a way.

I think he is improving he starting to rebound and get assist. last night he had 6boards and 2 assist.

That's not starting material in the NBA. Wes has arguably been the biggest disappointment of all these guys. Awful and it literally makes me sad to see these guys struggle. It bums me out because I think all of these guys were good guys with great attitudes and it just isn't clicking.

With the exception of Hak of course. Never would have bet he would have hung on this long.

44cuse

I have a feeling Dion is going to buck the trend and be another superstar. He just has that "it" factor. Dude wants the ball in those crunch time situations and he likes it when the lights are bright. He would do great coming off the bench for a team like Miami (no way he falls to Miami though) or the clippers or the Knicks.

I agree. And one of the differences is that he will go to a team that will already be relatively good. Hoping really good things for Dion. He is also far more aggressive than any of these other guys which I also think is a negative for the SU guys.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom