Jonny Flynn | Syracusefan.com

Jonny Flynn

NFGenROC

Walk On
Sat near Jonny Flynn at the Niagara Falls vs. McQuaid game in Rochester last Saturday. He was with his friends and family so I didn't bother and I don't think many others recognized him. Obviously he still enjoys the game. From what I've been told is quite philanthropic in his hometown both with basketball players and non-basketball playing children.

Has he ever been back to SU since his playing career ended? I don't recall a visit and wonder why not? Is there a specific beef there that's not known to the non-insiders? I thought has was a great representative his two years on the hill and his injury plagued NBA is quite irrelevant to his status as a SU legend. That 6 OT game is still one of my favorites.

I wanted him to work out in the NBA more than just about any Cuse prospect since Hak or Melo.

I LOVED Jonny Flynn.

It sucks that he gets the rep as the guy drafted before Steph Curry. He had a great rookie season and was only going to get better. Got rushed back from an injury never seen in basketball and effectively ended his career in the process because of Minnesota's malpractice.

Jonny Flynn was definitely one of the more likable guys for me on Syracuse

Stop with the zone, seem like both of my teams have the same issue knowing when to let go

Didn't Flynn and Paul Harris basically rebel and refuse to play the zone?

Paul Harris rebelled against a lot of things while at SU. Lol. In hindsight he was better suited to play for Dixon at Pitt instead, which was his other major offer if I recall correctly. I don't remember Flynn being a problem child, at least on the court. He did have those accusations with Donte Greene as a freshman off the court.

Neither was particularly interested in defense, m2m or otherwise. It wasn't a problem with Flynn because he was so good on offense that he'd more than make up for the points he allowed on D. Harris was a different story.

Paul Harris rebelled against a lot of things while at SU. Lol. In hindsight he was better suited to play for Dixon at Pitt instead, which was his other major offer if I recall correctly. I don't remember Flynn being a problem child, at least on the court. He did have those accusations with Donte Greene as a freshman off the court.

He kinda did play for Pitt in that one game where he almost single handedly blew an 11 point lead with 1:45 left against them (numbers estimated but it was something like that).

Neither was particularly interested in defense, m2m or otherwise. It wasn't a problem with Flynn because he was so good on offense that he'd more than make up for the points he allowed on D. Harris was a different story.

Flynn used to drive me crazy because he was extremely talented but if an opposing guard scored on him on a good play, he would go down on offense - ignore any team concepts, the score, and go one on one in showtime mode trying to show the other guard up. I wasn't really surprised that the next year we had so much more team success despite losing 3 very talented starters.

I have heard that on more than 1 occasion JB would hold up two fingers as the team was getting back on D to signal for the zone only for Flynn to ignore it and and start playing m2m and his teammates followed.

I have heard that on more than 1 occasion JB would hold up two fingers as the team was getting back on D to signal for the zone only for Flynn to ignore it and and start playing m2m and his teammates followed.

What’s ironic is that Flynn was poor anticipating, stealing the ball - MCW, Ennis, Cooney, Scoop etc all had more steals than he did.

You mean this?
I was at that game.
You could feel something coming.
There was a moment of stunned silence just before the jam.

It probably should have been an offensive foul but who is going to wipe out that play?