Jonny Flynn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jonny Flynn

Whoever drafter him ahead of Curry should be fired, if they are still in the job.
The Knicks were going to take him with their pick if he was there. Would have been interesting to see him in D'Antoni's system.

Like someone said, he had a good rookie year, got lost in Minnesota after that and is now behind a really good pg in Kyle Lowry for a Houston team that is 9-8. I dont know if Flynn gets another shot though...

Not to pile on Flynn, but I was worried about how successful he'd be in the NBA after reading some of the things he would say in the press. They didn't suggest the kind of mentality required in a pro's pro.

We got off to a lot of slow starts in first halves with Flynn. I remember one of the reporters asking him why. He said he didn't know, and he guessed they were just a second half team. The right answer would have been that he knew something about why they started slowly, and that as the point guard it was his job to make sure the team executed their offense crisply from the tip, but that wasn't his mindset.

I try to pay attention to all of the SU players in the NBA and see how they are doing and the person that I've been frustrated the most with this year is Jonny Flynn. This poor guy hasn't been able to get a break since his first year in the league. Last year he was coming off an injury and Luke Ridnour came in and was lights out and then he gets traded to Houston and the 3rd PG in the rotation behind Kyle Lowry and Drogic. I know he is way to talented to be sitting on the bench and I believe he deserves a chance to run a team. Does anyone else feel the same way?
JB says Jonny is still hampered by that hip injury (operation)

At 5:30 he talks about Jonny and says the hip is still bothering him

I used to love those games when Jonny would come out and just pound a hole in the floor at the top of the key, looking for a driving lane... and then hoist an ill advised 3 pointer with the shot clock running down. I cant believe he went ahead of S Curry...

Ah, I miss that dynasty years team...

Not to pile on Flynn, but I was worried about how successful he'd be in the NBA after reading some of the things he would say in the press. They didn't suggest the kind of mentality required in a pro's pro.

We got off to a lot of slow starts in first halves with Flynn. I remember one of the reporters asking him why. He said he didn't know, and he guessed they were just a second half team. The right answer would have been that he knew something about why they started slowly, and that as the point guard it was his job to make sure the team executed their offense crisply from the tip, but that wasn't his mindset.
I'm not sure how old you are but at 22 or 23, I probably would have said the sAme thing Jonny did

The people who left syracuse early Pearl-guard short nba career, Billy-forward fair career, Melo good career, Donte-forward bad so far, flynn-guard bad so far Paul-forward not in nba. Money is nice but if you want a sustained career in the nba developing in college is better. the nba is a star's league everyone else has to be able to fit in or they are gone.

Great post. Those who watch the nba know how true this is.

44cuse