Jonny vs Trey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jonny vs Trey

this Michigan team would put up 120 on the 2009 Syracuse team. .

You're joking of course. Kemba Walker and U Conn could not put up 120 on the 2009 SU team in 6 overtimes.

You're joking of course. Kemba Walker and U Conn could not put up 120 on the 2009 SU team in 6 overtimes.
And I believe that UConn team had 5 players drafted.

I've brought up the Jonny Flynn comparison a bunch with Michigan fans who say Burke is the next Chris Paul. I like to remind them that Flynn and Burke are pretty much the same in size, athleticism, and production and Flynn isn't even in the NBA anymore.

poor comparison. Burke is a MUCH better shooter than Jonny was at SU, and also a better passer and facilitator.

Flynn was a lottery pick in a much better class. To say Burke is much better is a bit of a stretch. Both had/have stones, leadership, and game. Toss up but I am biased toward one of my favorite Cuse pt guards of all time v

I know Flynn was a very high pick but I felt like so much of that was due to hype (6 OT game, explosive athleticism) and general Minnesota front office stupidity. Still boggles my mind that he went 13 spots AHEAD of Ty Lawson, who clearly had a much more well rounded game at the time.

I was a huge Flynn fan, he was really fun and exciting, but I always sort of felt that he was more highly regarded than his actual abilities dictated. People tend to love little guys who can dunk explosively, which is sort of ironic given that little guys very rarely get that sort of opportunity.

poor comparison. Burke is a MUCH better shooter than Jonny was at SU, and also a better passer and facilitator.

Not according to the stats. Burke has a marginally better assist/to ratio than Flynn did during his sophomore year and both have/had an almost identical fg%. Burke shoots the 3 ball about 5 percentage points higher than Flynn did, which is the only area where he has a clear advantage. Flynn wasn't working with as much talent or as many shooters as Burke is, either.

I think the comparison is spot on.