Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN

djcon57

Living Legend
Among many many others across various sports.

But we seen these two alot on our games. Didnt have strong opinion one way or another, but sometimes Ellis bothers me in studio.

Among many many others across various sports.

But we seen these two alot on our games. Didnt have strong opinion one way or another, but sometimes Ellis bothers me in studio.
I like them both. They’re better than the cheap and inexperienced analysts they’ll probably be bringing in. ESPN has really gone downhill in the on-air talent department. There are a lot of poor sportscasters doing college basketball games now.

Jeff Van Gundy and Max Kellerman may be the only big loses.
Both very knowlegeable in their areas.
And Suzy Kolber was ther for decades.

I liked Kellerman. Seems he was a money saver with all the shows he was on. I also like Keyshawn.

Fires all those guys yet they signed Mcafee for 5 years 85 mil lol

I liked Kellerman. Seems he was a money saver with all the shows he was on. I also like Keyshawn.
I liked him until he started acting like he knew something about basketball and was always bashing Carmelo.

He was a great boxing guy.

Max, Jeff, and Matt are all big loses imo. Todd with his draft coverage will also be missed by me personally. Him and Mel Kiper always worked well together.

I really like Steve Young too. This feels like the american auto industry of the '80's. ESPN (Disney) just thinks they can roll out whoever they want while cutting costs and not lose business. They don't care about the quality of their product. Bob Iger sucks in so many ways. He's doing the same cost cutting things at the Disney theme parks too.

Can’t believe they got rid of Van Gundy. Read they might replace him with Richard Jefferson or JJ Reddick.

Unfortunately espn is investing their money into the talk show guys ( Stephen A and McAfee) and getting rid of one of the only good NBA commentators.
One thing about Van Gundy - I know he’s kinda doing a Larry David schtick, but his dislike for the modern game feels real. Maybe they don’t want his griping front and center? It doesn’t exactly inspire and promote excitement towards the game, lol.

One thing about Van Gundy - I know he’s kinda doing a Larry David schtick, but his dislike for the modern game feels real. Maybe they don’t want his griping front and center? It doesn’t exactly inspire and promote excitement towards the game, lol.
Definitely possible. In my opinion he is the best NBA play by play analyst. Good mix of insight, comedy, and forward thinking when it comes to improving the game. I’ll take his possible dislike of the modern game (which is merited in many ways) over his sidekick Mark Jackson and his repetitive and played out catchphrases.

Definitely possible. In my opinion he is the best NBA play by play analyst. Good mix of insight, comedy, and forward thinking when it comes to improving the game. I’ll take his possible dislike of the modern game (which is merited in many ways) over his sidekick Mark Jackson and his repetitive and played out catchphrases.
What, you don't like the insight of "hand down, man down?"

Doesn’t Kellerman cohost the old morning spot Mike and Mike had?

Wow, shts crazy.

Can’t believe they got rid of Van Gundy. Read they might replace him with Richard Jefferson or JJ Reddick.

Unfortunately espn is investing their money into the talk show guys ( Stephen A and McAfee) and getting rid of one of the only good NBA commentators.
Stephen A hole jumped the shark with his Jokic bashing

For my $$, I could listen to Hubie Brown explain basketball every day. After that, I agree on Van Grundy. IMO, Jackson didn’t bring much to the broadcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom