Joseph is the real deal. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joseph is the real deal.

Bus will eat in to a TON of Cooney's minutes if he didnt improve in the off season. How long will we continue to call him a shooter if he isnt one? Trevor... time to step it up.

Two things... Buss ain't going 4 for 5 every game. Trevor's not going 0-6. If he does, we are in trouble.

We can agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that. I think Joseph looks to be a fine PG, but IMHO saying that he is a mix of some of our past greats, or even stating we are not going to have to worry about the PG position this year after one preseason game is a bit of a stretch. Nothing wrong with being excited about the season or a player(s), thats what makes us fans :) but its far to early for that kind of talk. I do not know what IU or Memphis has this year, but Carlton's guards are at least a notch, maybe two, below the athleticism of what we will face in the ACC. They play well as a team and can beat you from the arc and playing team ball, but they are MAC level talent when it comes to athliticism. I'd like to wait untill Joseph cuts his teeth against some major D1 competition before really rating his abilities. That said I like having these discussions/debates much more after wins rather than losses!

No different than Ennis last year. Everyone thought the same thing after Carleton, and not for nothing but you can tell Joseph and CMAC are elite talents after watching them play for five minutes. This isn't like evaluating a QB in football. So while yes there will be growing pains, I'm baffled at how people had joseph ranked as the 50th or so best prospect this year.

KJ (although very early) looks like a cross between Sherman and Jonny. Seems to have Sherman's tear drop and Jonny's first step. I love KJ's ability to get to the hoop, his midrange game, and his tear drop. And throw in the step back for good measure...

Surely he will be tested soon when some team decides to try to ballhawk him all over the court. That will truly tell us a lot. I think he will hold up fine under pressure though. Does not seem like the type to get rattled easily.
And there's a little Pearl in his crossover also!! Loved seeing this kid play so well, solid handle, seemed to be confident running the team with good decisions (1 TO). Wasn't quite the distributor last night (4A) that he'll become after a few more games. He's got good size and can create his own shot and get to the rim. In time I think he'll be a devastating finisher as he puts on muscle and gets experience. Can easily see why this kid was hand-selected by the staff... going to be a crowd-pleaser, for sure.

Didn't see the game, like most, I'm sure. But seeing the box score really cemented home the lack of depth we'll have this year. Are we already looking at just a 7 man rotation, maybe 8? And I hope Patterson is ready to contribute, and be a deep threat, we'll need it.
Can't expect to have a deep rotation when we only have 9 scholarship players (not counting DaJuan).

The Real Deal with Bill McNeal
2592526-newsradiocomplete2.jpg

One of the most underrated sitcoms of the 90's. NewsRadio

R.I.P. Phil Hartman one of the greatest, and gone way to soon.

looked pretty good. but kinda small. long season. he's gonna take a beating. could use an additional 2 " and 25 lb.s.