Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Joseph

newmexicuse

All Conference
He seems to have improved the last few games in terms of protecting the ball when he dribbles.

I also like his court vision and the form on his pullup J.

I really like his mental makeup yesterday. He had first half pine time & looked like toast after his second bad TO, but he played much smarter & like a warrior for the balance of the game.

He has some weaknesses. First and foremost, he will have to improve with his left. Secondly, the thing that may prevent him from being a great player as opposed to a good player, is that I do not see that "fifth" gear that all great PGs must have. Not sure if that's an improvable thing. Everybody always said that Ennis wasn't that athletic, but he sure had the burst when he wanted to turn it on.

As a frosh he will continue to have ups and downs, but I expect him to gradually improve.

The good news is that he was mostly on the bench due to bad defense in the first half. When he had a bad stretch on offense in the second half with back to back turnovers and JB got into him he responded very well in the game after words. He is improving but we have to be patient as he will still relapse from time to time. I'm starting to think most will be very happy we have him before the seasons out.

Good point about the added burst and Ennis. It also means its something you can learn. Ennis was not super quick but he was excellent with change of pace. This is something Kaleb has yet to figure out on initiating his drives. He is learning to do it at the end of his drives with hesitation but Ennis would lull guys to sleep and just blow bye. Billy E was another not so quick guy who was always able to get by the first defender. I actually think Kaleb is going to be very quick (maybe not Jonny Flynn quick) once he becomes more decisive and plays instinctively all the time.

He seems to have improved the last few games in terms of protecting the ball when he dribbles.

I also like his court vision and the form on his pullup J.

I really like his mental makeup yesterday. He had first half pine time & looked like toast after his second bad TO, but he played much smarter & like a warrior for the balance of the game.

He has some weaknesses. First and foremost, he will have to improve with his left. Secondly, the thing that may prevent him from being a great player as opposed to a good player, is that I do not see that "fifth" gear that all great PGs must have. Not sure if that's an improvable thing. Everybody always said that Ennis wasn't that athletic, but he sure had the burst when he wanted to turn it on.

As a frosh he will continue to have ups and downs, but I expect him to gradually improve.

I agree with Jordoo about the burst part. He has to learn that you can't go full speed all the time, and I think he will. Ennis often times played so slow that a light jog was a speed burst. I think Joseph is much quicker/faster, so if he learns to slow it down and speed it up at the right times, he could be dynamic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom