Played at Wake
Coached at UNC, Penn St, Vandy, Alabama, Mich, Miami and now MD
Broyles Award winner 2021
39 yrs old

Hits all of ADJW requisites.

Josh Gattis - Football Coach - University of Maryland Athletics

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 11.17.09 AM.png

Last edited:
He was the hottest assistant coach in the country a couple years back. Went to Miami and he got destroyed for the failure with the Canes. Probably not his fault, but the bloom was off his rose after that mess.

Because no one has heard that he’s currently at Bird Library. Duh.

He was the hottest assistant coach in the country a couple years back. Went to Miami and he got destroyed for the failure with the Canes. Probably not his fault, but the bloom was off his rose after that mess.
Van Dyke missed 4 games that year with injury. Likely not his fault.
Also, he's had a year to work under Sumlin while at MD since getting canned at Miami. This is the type of value buy SU needs.

Because he has major P5 experience coordinator experience and it seems like that isn't of interest to us. Who cares if he can coach at this level? What did he do at the FCS level or can he recruit at Georgia those are the key factors.

Shouldn't the outside firm be presenting the best candidates per ADJWs requirements?

Because if he stayed at UMD one more year and had the same success, he'd probably have a pick of a lot better jobs than Syracuse.

I'm sure there's a lot of guys with this type of resume that turned us down.

Because if he stayed at UMD one more year and had the same success, he'd probably have a pick of a lot better jobs than Syracuse.

I'm sure there's a lot of guys with this type of resume that turned us down.
internet says he made 850K this year and will make 950K next. You telling me offering him a promotion, more than doubling his salary (triple?) and offering him an east coast location traveling up and down the east coast to his home town area isn't enticing?

Add to that we just fired a coach after 8 yrs, so we understand patience. I think you're selling the job short.