Josh Hart calls Tyler Lydon trash | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hart calls Tyler Lydon trash

Marty Byrnes was in the NBA for awhile as an end of bench guy. But he made a NBA salary the whole time, not bad. He got a ring too with the Lakers.

he and donte greene played near an identical number of minutes (5 minute difference) and made the same number of field goals (similar number of rebounds and steals too)

Wonder where Marty is now? He was born in Syracuse, went to high school outside Rochester. I know after his playing career he lived in Syracuse for a while but haven’t heard anything about him in decades.
good question

good question
He used to live in my neighborhood in Syracuse when he was a grad assistant at SU and maybe for a while later in the late 80’s, 90’s.
He was a great player for SU. He actually outplayed Magic Johnson in the old Carrier Classic when JB went nuts that we won with Marty having an awesome game (18 points 8 rebounds) but Magic getting the media MVP nod despite scoring 12 points, 6 rebounds with 9 turnovers.

He used to live in my neighborhood in Syracuse when he was a grad assistant at SU and maybe for a while later in the late 80’s, 90’s.
He was a great player for SU. He actually outplayed Magic Johnson in the old Carrier Classic when JB went nuts that we won with Marty having an awesome game (18 points 8 rebounds) but Magic getting the media MVP nod despite scoring 12 points, 6 rebounds with 9 turnovers.
all-time classic JB story

Peak Boeheim 2009-2014 from the end of the Flynn era to the Ennis season is as good coaching as the sport has ever seen. Reflected in getting guys drafted far higher than they should have been. Rededicated himself to the zone and it was an absolute weapon see that IU team pooping their pants. Could have easily won 2 titles.

Final Four run with a team that should have been in the NIT was nice as well but the decline had already begun IMO.
I read somewhere, and could never find it again, that Calhoun considered JB to be the best coach in the country. SU fans always over valued our players because of how good JB made them look. Coaches understood he wasn’t starting with the same raw materials as Duke, UNC, Kansas, UConn, Kentucky, etc.
I means Lazarus Sims, Otis Hil , etc beat Kansas and came darn close to beating Kentucky that had I think 10 NBA guys. Amazing.

Last edited:
I read somewhere, and could never find it again, that Calhoun considered JB to be the best coach in the country. SU fans always over valued our players because of how good JB made them look. Coaches understood he wasn’t starting with the same raw materials as Duke, UNC, Kansas, UConn, Kentucky, etc.
I means Lazarus Sims, Otis Hil , etc beat Kansas and came darn close to beating Kentucky that had I think 10 NBA guys. Amazing.

i mean - our recruiting from 2007 to 2013ish was also incredible.

Brandon Triche was the only guy that wansnt highly recruited. And Wes transfer (and sitting out a year which is WILD to think about now) was huge.

That began JB's war with Bob Snyder

And that's why social media is trash. It's amazing when some are confronted with ideology that doesn't match there's that it's a signal to scream into the void of social media. It plain and simple narcissism when people throw a fit over someone posting something that doesn't match their ideology (the excesses of both sides are on blatant display). Glad I deleted that garbage app.
If the differences in your political opinions are along the lines of "how much should the marginal tax rate be?" or "I think this part of the town should be zoned this way," then sure, but if you have to delete your socials because you've posted things that your friends and coworkers immediately call racist then maybe some self-reflection should be in order

its his 10th year. my guess is that someone looked it up here and counted and mistook the philly/okc year and 2 additional years on top of the 'total' for that year.View attachment 238956
Grant is a prime example of the analytic types that say that an athletes prime playing years are 26-29.

If the differences in your political opinions are along the lines of "how much should the marginal tax rate be?" or "I think this part of the town should be zoned this way," then sure, but if you have to delete your socials because you've posted things that your friends and coworkers immediately call racist then maybe some self-reflection should be in order
Seriously this is your response... You're kind of a jerk, and illustrate perfectly why social media sucks. The fact that you'd impugn someone with a vile label as a racist says more about you, than me.

And fyi, I was never labeled that nor did I post anything that got me in trouble with work, but this exact response is precisely why that twitter is garbage as is the rest of social media. I deleted the app on my own volition after seeing the nastiness people treated eachother with

So Congrats, you made my point, try looking in the mirror yourself, and understand your not the moral arbirter of the world, and we all fall short of God's grace.

Seriously this is your response... You're kind of a jerk, and illustrate perfectly why social media sucks. The fact that you'd impugn someone with a vile label as a racist says more about you, than me.

And fyi, I was never labeled that nor did I post anything that got me in trouble with work, but this exact response is precisely why that twitter is garbage as is the rest of social media. I deleted the app on my own volition after seeing the nastiness people treated eachother with

So Congrats, you made my point, try looking in the mirror yourself, and understand your not the moral arbirter of the world, and we all fall short of God's grace.
I was talking about Lydon, in the thread about Lydon

I was talking about Lydon, in the thread about Lydon
You put out a blanket statement about deleting Twitter, in which I posted about deleting Twitter. So I took it as you were referring to my actions. I apologize if that wasn't your intent. But I think in discussions outside of social media, it's far easier to understand points of view outside of snippet responses and character limits.

I just find Twitter to be a clunky way of communicating, and understanding intent of others isn't always easy to decipher across computers.

Truth be told, no idea what Lydon posted, but he always came across as a good kid on campus, I can't imagine him being a racist.

You put out a blanket statement about deleting Twitter, in which I posted about deleting Twitter. So I took it as you were referring to my actions. I apologize if that wasn't your intent. But I think in discussions outside of social media, it's far easier to understand points of view outside of snippet responses and character limits.

I just find Twitter to be a clunky way of communicating, and understanding intent of others isn't always easy to decipher across computers.

Truth be told, no idea what Lydon posted, but he always came across as a good kid on campus, I can't imagine him being a racist.
I believe Tyler Lydon posted a lot about anti black lives matter at the time, which is why he would get called out

I believe Tyler Lydon posted a lot about anti black lives matter at the time, which is why he would get called out
This is a basketball board, so I don't want to get into the weeds of a political discussion, but the organization, and actual human lives are two very different things. One can criticize an organization without being against human lives. I'll say it one more time, I can't imagine Lydon being against actual human lives.

I'll leave my statement at that, as this a board for sports not political discourse

This is a basketball board, so I don't want to get into the weeds of a political discussion, but the organization, and actual human lives are two very different things. One can criticize an organization without being against human lives. I'll say it one more time, I can't imagine Lydon being against actual human lives.

I'll leave my statement at that, as this a board for sports not political discourse
I’m not trying to make it a political discourse, I’m just saying the reasons why Tyler Lydon was called out on social media. The thread is about why someone called Tyler Lydon trash lol

I’m not trying to make it a political discourse, I’m just saying the reasons why Tyler Lydon was called out on social media. The thread is about why someone called Tyler Lydon trash lol
Gotcha, I just feel like Lydons getting dragged in the mud a bit by some of the discussion.

Tyranny of the majority, says hello.

lol if there is one thing that Tylor Lydon is known for is his nuanced, thoughtful critiques of advocacy non-profits that immediately and publically ostracise him from his peers.

Anyways no hard feelings moving on.

lol if there is one thing that Tylor Lydon is known for is his nuanced, thoughtful critiques of advocacy non-profits that immediately and publically ostracise him from his peers.

Anyways no hard feelings moving on.
and,,,If there is one thing his peers are known for, it is nuanced, thoughtful critique of anything.
This industry is not littered with rocket scientists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom