Josh Kirkland-let's talk for one more minute | Syracusefan.com

Josh Kirkland-let's talk for one more minute

Dcuse

All Conference
When I looked out on the field today I asked the guys near me why this guy who looked like a punter or a skinny db was lined up at linebacker. I found out in a hurry and all day after that. You talk about ALL OVER THE FIELD and LAYING PEOPLE OUT!!I give you Josh Kirkland. If they could put 25 to 30 lbs.on him he would nbe LT.I don't know at this point if he can gain much more weight but he may be one of our 3 or 4 best right now.

I agree. I been impressed with him since the first practice I saw. He is a player, plays hard and with emotions. He is pushing Lynch right now. I think he's earned a spot on the okie package atleast.

I really didn't think he was that small? Doesn't look much smaller then Davis or Lynch out there. Doesn't it even matter at this point though? The kid can play. He is a play maker , I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Lynch out.

I agree. I been impressed with him since the first practice I saw. He is a player, plays hard and with emotions. He is pushing Lynch right now. I think he's earned a spot on the okie package atleast.
Man, everyone keeps saying how well he runs! If he is "that" skinny" and can run like reported why not try him out at safety?

He is not a safety. I thought Kirkland was physically small for a linebacker, but who cares. He was all over the field and didn't get pushed around. Kid can hit and make plays.

He is a OLB. Plus he is a muscular 210. I heard he is a work out attic. He will add weight to his 6-3 frame

Sounds like he'll also play right away on specials ... I wonder if he's fast enough to be a gunner?

He is a OLB. Plus he is a muscular 210. I heard he is a work out attic. He will add weight to his 6-3 frame

I don't think what room in the house he works out in matters much ;) Seriously though, aside from the 5 times he jumped offsides (only 2 of which were called), I came away impressed with the tenacity of the kid. Definitely has a slight build, but really just flies all over the field and he delivered a PUNISHING hit over the middle. Was impressed the WR (don't remember who it was) hung onto the ball.

I talked with him a bit after the game in the press area. I love this kid. Reminds me of a Dan vaugh, which is difficult to improve on from a people perspective. Humble, thrilled to be here, just a nice kid.

Sounds like he'll also play right away on specials ... I wonder if he's fast enough to be a gunner?

I like the tapes of several of the new guys with respect to making an immediate impact on special teams. I think, in particular, we could see a big jump in our coverage units. Every yard matters.

I like the tapes of several of the new guys with respect to making an immediate impact on special teams. I think, in particular, we could see a big jump in our coverage units. Every yard matters.

That would be a pleasant change ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom