Joshua Parris | Syracusefan.com

Joshua Parris

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
I am watching the Stephenson vs MLK game from Friday (yeah I DVRd it because I was going to miss it). Parris is a big boy and seems to have a mean streak. He moves well down the field and was able to get out to the second level and block effectively. Stephenson's starting QB has only attempted 53 passes this season (in 9 games) and completed 23 of them so utilizing the pass is something they just don't do. Through the first half they have only attempted 6 passes thus far.

It is amazing the number of D1 commits Stephenson has ... one DE is going to Va Tech, the other to South Carolina. They have 6 players committed to SEC schools alone. Mike Davis the starting tailback is a beast (off to Florida, his brother is former Clemson Tiger and current NFLer James Davis) and his backup TJ Moon (who was mentioned along with the Cuse at one point) who is off to Florida Atlantic and he looks phenomenal as well. I know that Parris is a very good blocking TE and in all honesty I have yet to see him run a pass route since he is either usually blocking at the point of attack or he is helping the tackles in pass protection.

Stephenson can seemingly run the ball at will even when MLK puts 9 (yes I said 9) in the box because of Parris and an Oline that has 4-5 legit D1 ball players lining up out front. Both of these teams are undefeated and watching them read off the list of verbals on both squads is rather impressive. I wish I could have seen Parris have a few thrown in his direction but thus far it wasn't meant to be ...

Ironically right after posting this Parris lays out an MLK linebacker in the endzone on a TJ Moon TD run and draws kudos from the broadcast team ...