Jremi is not ready for the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Jremi is not ready for the NBA

CaliCuse

All American
Despite the consensus that he is gone he doesn't have enough to offer at this point. A barely able outside game that at his age I was better.At his age I was far better than I am now.nY'know like walking and throwing a base ball with either arm effectively.

NBA drafts on potential not on who is ready or not. They would draft 12 yr olds if they could. Thats what Euro Soccer does when they buy 14/15 yr old players none of whom will play for the club for years. Readiness is probably #4 on their consideration list after Athleticism, Size, and Potential.

Jremy
Jerry-Remy.jpe

NBA drafts on potential not on who is ready or not. They would draft 12 yr olds if they could. Thats what Euro Soccer does when they buy 14/15 yr old players none of whom will play for the club for years. Readiness is probably #4 on their consideration list after Athleticism, Size, and Potential.

Plus, if they aren't ready, D-league them or ship them off and on to the next target...

Go ask Jonny Flynn how playing in Australia is going...

Grant will have the best advice of anyone, his dad and uncle who had excellent NBA career's. I will take their advice as opposed to people on this board

Considering how deep this draft is, I think it is more likely that he stays.

He is gone. Chad Ford said he could go from 6 to 15 come NBA Draft time. The kid needs to work on his jump shot, but he isn't going to stay in college unless he likes the lifestyle when he won't really rise his draft stock and he can get paid and develop in the NBA.

He is gone. Chad Ford said he could go from 6 to 15 come NBA Draft time. The kid needs to work on his jump shot, but he isn't going to stay in college unless he likes the lifestyle when he won't really rise his draft stock and he can get paid and develop in the NBA.
Let's wait until the end of the season to see where we are at. A lot of our players high ranking can be attributed to a 25-0 start. There has been a lot of buzz about us. I didn't see two NBA players out there last night. I bet the NBA didn't either.

I've been very unimpressed with Grant's play this year. Happy the NBA likes him.

Let's wait until the end of the season to see where we are at. A lot of our players high ranking can be attributed to a 25-0 start. There has been a lot of buzz about us. I didn't see two NBA players out there last night. I bet the NBA didn't either.
I didn't see any NBA players out there.

The NBA drafts on potential not on how a college player performs in college games. Aaron Gordon at Arizona has terrible numbers for a potential top 10 pick, but his athleticism like Grant's is off the charts. Unless Grant wants a degree or likes college he is gone. I don't want Grant to leave, but I would never feel bad if a kid leaves. Grant is more likely to leave than Ennis in my opinion because of Grant's athleticism.

wait you just said that you had a better outside game at 19 then jerami does now ?

are you serious
I believe him!! J.,s shot sucks...... Hells bells, Boston College had Four better outside shooters than him!

Grant will have the best advice of anyone, his dad and uncle who had excellent NBA career's. I will take their advice as opposed to people on this board

Maybe so, but some of the people on this board watch upwards of three NBA games a week.

Not bashing on Jerami but he does have one very bad habit that I think he has to break. He literally falls down at any contact on his drives and sometimes seemingly without contact. The opposite of Carmelo, who would get tons of points on his own rebound / putbacks. Tough to get a rebound from the floor... I do love his upside though. With 30 more pounds and more consistent outside shot he'd be a beast. Hope he stays another year.

dasher said:

Grant was talked about as a lottery pick before the season started.

I believe him!! J.,s shot sucks... Hells bells, Boston College had Four better outside shooters than him!
You know I don't remember Jerami taking too many outside shots for a while now. I wasn't comfortable with him taking them, but he made a good share.

Despite the consensus that he is gone he doesn't have enough to offer at this point. A barely able outside game that at his age I was better.At his age I was far better than I am now.nY'know like walking and throwing a base ball with either arm effectively.
One minor question - were you being defended by D-1 and ACC power forwards?

Rose, Rondo and Wall didn't have a jump shot but all got drafted in the lottery or 1st rd. A jump shot is something you can work on at the next level. Why stay in school and work on it for free when you can make a couple million working on it in the NBA?

The difference with Grant is that he doesn't need that green stuff that most kids jump at. I've gotta think his family has some money, which if he stays another year and develops an outside game, he will have plenty of soon enough. I honestly think he and Ennis both come back. Next years team, assuming I'm right will be STACKED. I also think Christmas has a huge senior year. If BJ can gain some weight and be another shooter, dear lord we can be unbelievable. Especially if Roberson makes that jump most of us expect he will

'CuseHoops said:
Rose, Rondo and Wall didn't have a jump shot but all got drafted in the lottery or 1st rd. A jump shot is something you can work on at the next level. Why stay in school and work on it for free when you can make a couple million working on it in the NBA?[/QUOTE

Wall still doesn't have a jump shot :)

SDjohn said:
The difference with Grant is that he doesn't need that green stuff that most kids jump at. I've gotta think his family has some money, which if he stays another year and develops an outside game, he will have plenty of soon enough. I honestly think he and Ennis both come back. Next years team, assuming I'm right will be STACKED. I also think Christmas has a huge senior year. If BJ can gain some weight and be another shooter, dear lord we can be unbelievable. Especially if Roberson makes that jump most of us expect he will

I wouldn't think Iverson's kids would need money, Antoine Walkers kids would need money, or even closer to home Derrick Coleman's kids would need money.

What if he's a lottery pick now and doesn't develop a jump shot? That could be extremely damaging to his stock. If he's a lottery pick he has to go.

What can't he improve in the NBA?

MCW's family had money, he didn't have a jumper why did he go?