Jremi is not ready for the NBA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jremi is not ready for the NBA

He is gone. Chad Ford said he could go from 6 to 15 come NBA Draft time. The kid needs to work on his jump shot, but he isn't going to stay in college unless he likes the lifestyle when he won't really rise his draft stock and he can get paid and develop in the NBA.

I'm not saying he'll take a Donte slide, but I don't see Grant in the lottery.

I wouldn't think Iverson's kids would need money, Antoine Walkers kids would need money, or even closer to home Derrick Coleman's kids would need money.

What if he's a lottery pick now and doesn't develop a jump shot? That could be extremely damaging to his stock. If he's a lottery pick he has to go.

What can't he improve in the NBA?

MCW's family had money, he didn't have a jumper why did he go?

All we can do is speculate. Personally, I don't think he's close to being ready yet and would be a top 5 pick if he stays...but it's his and his family's decision and they will make it in April...

This will come down to one question...does Jerami want to spend another year in college before he begins his 'Real Life'?

And so the speculation begins to ramp up with little affiliation with fact or reason.

Rose, Rondo and Wall didn't have a jump shot but all got drafted in the lottery or 1st rd. A jump shot is something you can work on at the next level. Why stay in school and work on it for free when you can make a couple million working on it in the NBA?

Making that comparison is crazy. The aforementioned all had terrific handles, and as guards, could create and set up teammates, etc. Grant is not a playmaker, and, at least at this time, will be unable to create anything for himself until he's more polished, and adds strength to his frame. There are a time a dozen athletic guys in NBA...Grant is status quo in that regard...

I wouldn't think Iverson's kids would need money, Antoine Walkers kids would need money, or even closer to home Derrick Coleman's kids would need money.
If he develops a jumper in college he is a legit top 5 pick.
What if he's a lottery pick now and doesn't develop a jump shot? That could be extremely damaging to his stock. If he's a lottery pick he has to go.

What can't he improve in the NBA?

MCW's family had money, he didn't have a jumper why did he go?

If he develops a jump shot he is a legit top 5 pick, hell he may even be the number 1. We all know the NBA drafts on potential, so regardless unless he gets hurt, he'd still go top 10 next year.

I don't think MCW'S family had money though. Again, it was speculation on my part, something just says to me he and Ennis will stay. MCW'S was a 6'6" PG with play making ability and crazy good defense, with the ability to make others around him better. Grant can jump out of the gym with athleticism, but hasn't shown the ability to finish consistently, be a lock down defender, or make others around him better. I think Jimmy B is brutally honest and will tell both those guys they need a other year of college.

If he develops a jump shot he is a legit top 5 pick, hell he may even be the number 1. We all know the NBA drafts on potential, so regardless unless he gets hurt, he'd still go top 10 next year.

I don't think MCW'S family had money though. Again, it was speculation on my part, something just says to me he and Ennis will stay. MCW'S was a 6'6" PG with play making ability and crazy good defense, with the ability to make others around him better. Grant can jump out of the gym with athleticism, but hasn't shown the ability to finish consistently, be a lock down defender, or make others around him better. I think Jimmy B is brutally honest and will tell both those guys they need a other year of college.

MCW's family is very well off.

Well, Grant will never prove he can be a lock down defender playing in a zone...

Everyone talks about Grant making these improvements like its nothing. Improving his jump shot will take 2 years judging by his and JB's confidence level of using it in games.

Grant is terrific driver who will be even better in the wide open NBA.

He has two terrific choices b/w Cuse for another year and big money in the NBA.

Despite the consensus that he is gone he doesn't have enough to offer at this point. A barely able outside game that at his age I was better.At his age I was far better than I am now.nY'know like walking and throwing a base ball with either arm effectively.

Let's go easy on Cali. Chad Ford has nothing on him. When the NBA teams get "The Cali Report", they will then use his evaluation for the draft. We have to remember how many football and basketball players Cali has got right.

That being said, I believe his family will make the right decision for Jeremi (aka Jremi)

one advantage Grant will have is the family connection to the NBA. They will have enough insider friends to get the real scoop on potential draft landing.