Stupid poll

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Alsacs

Living Legend
In Andy Katz's 3 point shot from today. I guess we will continue to own their basketball arena when in the ACC.
"3. Georgetown coach John Thompson III said that he wants to continue the Syracuse series after the Orange move to the ACC in 2013. Thompson couldn't say when it will resume but he is confident it will happen. He did say the tough decision for the Hoyas and other Big East schools will be how to handle nonconference games when the Big East likely goes to 20 conference games in 2013-14 when there are 18 league members. Thompson said he expects the league to move to 20 games and that means schools like Georgetown will have to decide does it participate in a neutral site event or two, or choose a home-and-home series. A Syracuse nonconference game would fall in the latter category."
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/katz-3-point-shot

Not a chance at the Verizon unless the Gray-Out disappears and they guarantee us an adequate allotment of tickets. Pu**ies.

In Andy Katz's 3 point shot from today. I guess we will continue to own their basketball arena when in the ACC.
"3. Georgetown coach John Thompson III said that he wants to continue the Syracuse series after the Orange move to the ACC in 2013. Thompson couldn't say when it will resume but he is confident it will happen. He did say the tough decision for the Hoyas and other Big East schools will be how to handle nonconference games when the Big East likely goes to 20 conference games in 2013-14 when there are 18 league members. Thompson said he expects the league to move to 20 games and that means schools like Georgetown will have to decide does it participate in a neutral site event or two, or choose a home-and-home series. A Syracuse nonconference game would fall in the latter category."
If JTIII says he wants to continue to play SU, JTII must have given his blessing.

As for an 18-team league, and a 20-game league schedule--what an abomination. The BB-onlys in the BE better start working on a Plan B.

As much as I detest Mr. Potatohead and his two-bit school...he's right.
Keep THE game going.
"Keep hate alive!"

There should be an annual gtown-syr game at MSG every year going forward.

I take what JTIII said as a confirmation that Georgetown and Syracuse will NOT be playing again in the regular season anytime soon once SU leaves the Big East. He was just too cowardly to come right out and say it.

Two games at the dome for every one at Verizon. That would be a real dagger.

I just don't feel the rivalry on court anymore. I can't stand their fans or their coach, but a matchup with Georgetown does not get me any more worked up than a game against Providence. I would like to watch them fade away.

su and the rest of the acc should avoid the big east. add louisville and if nd says no uconn too. big east becomes atlantic ten. nc schools will understand money and will take over msg and northeast. bball will grow and acc will do more than a billion in bball contracts too

I take what JTIII said as a confirmation that Georgetown and Syracuse will NOT be playing again in the regular season anytime soon once SU leaves the Big East. He was just too cowardly to come right out and say it.

"Yeah, Syracuse, we'd LOVE to play you, but have you seen SMU lately? They're so hot right now..."

su and the rest of the acc should avoid the big east. add louisville and if nd says no uconn too. big east becomes atlantic ten. nc schools will understand money and will take over msg and northeast. bball will grow and acc will do more than a billion in bball contracts too
LV and UConn add nothing to the bottom line, and will not bring in more TV $$$. The only teams that would do that are ND and TX. The only way UConn comes to the ACC (or LV for that matter) is if ND requires their admittance as a condition for joining. And I don't see either of them as being attached at the hip to ND. Why would you go to 16 teams and essentially exclude the possibility of ND joining at some point while adding teams that don't move the needle?

Seems to me that I saw a quote by JTIII not too long ago that said they probably would not be playing syracuse much in the future, although I can't remember where I saw this.

Seems to me that I saw a quote by JTIII not too long ago that said they probably would not be playing syracuse much in the future, although I can't remember where I saw this.
I think many of the remaining Big East teams felt initially shunned and spoke with bravado immediately following the announcement of Syracuse and Pitt's departure. But they probably realize now that they are in great danger of losing any relevance and that they need to cling to these rivalries or soon be forgotten.

I think the quote you are referring to was not from JT but from the previous BE commissioner. He said that since BB coaches make the schedules, that they will stay away from tough OOC games as a general rule. And that all this about maintaining rivalries will fade as the reality of scheduling sets in.

With a schedule that includes Maryland, Virginia and VT, SU has plenty of exposure in the DC area.

I think the quote you are referring to was not from JT but from the previous BE commissioner. He said that since BB coaches make the schedules, that they will stay away from tough OOC games as a general rule. And that all this about maintaining rivalries will fade as the reality of scheduling sets in.

With a schedule that includes Maryland, Virginia and VT, SU has plenty of exposure in the DC area.

Yes, Mikey T. did say that.

I agree on us getting plenty of exposure in The DMV going forward. And you can bet that SU fans will have a much easier time getting tickets at the above mentioned schools than they did with the idiots who rund things at Georgetown/Verizon Center.

Two games at the dome for every one at Verizon. That would be a real dagger.

Agreed. It's the same leverage the big football schools use when scheduling games. Pound salt GTIII.

Yes, Mikey T. did say that.

I agree on us getting plenty of exposure in The DMV going forward. And you can bet that SU fans will have a much easier time getting tickets at the above mentioned schools than they did with the idiots who rund things at Georgetown/Verizon Center.

I don't think VT and Virginia always sell out. VT is a long way away from anywhere.

But Maryland is a tough ticket. We'll get a couple of hundred max.

But Georgetown almost never sells out the Verizon Center. Most of those games are played before crowds of less than 50% capacity. So they have had to put up artificial barriers to prevent an SU takeover of the arena.

There should be an annual gtown-syr game at MSG every year going forward.

Right.
I've been saying that almost since the ACC move was announced.
It keeps the hate alive...avoids home court/ticket issues...gets the Orange into NYC...gives MSG and annual event it should love...is promotable and should make $ for everyone.

The only thing holding it back are the teams.
And G-town may view MSG as a hostile environment.
But isn't that true of every place those scoundrels play?

I LOOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!

Go read the thread on Hoyatalk about this. It's comical to say the least. They really think by them not playing us we will fade away into irrelavance. I quote "we are on a downward trend" right now. Talk about being dillusional.

I remember that, too. Like Tomcat said above, I think this is PR spin for when they don't play us in the future because their schedule is too full.

In a few years they will be even less competitive than they are now and they will cling to their "Big Man U" bullcrap and harken back to the days of Ewing and Mourning with little hope of ever capturing anything resembling that success. They will hate SU from afar, remembering how Charles Smith went the length of the court to beat SU in the dome all those years ago. Meanwhile, we will be getting all excited about the matchup with UNC at the Deandome with the ACC title on the line.

Go read the thread on Hoyatalk about this. It's comical to say the least. They really think by them not playing us we will fade away into irrelavance. I quote "we are on a downward trend" right now. Talk about being dillusional.

I don't know if they are "delusional" or not. But they don't appear to have a very good sense of just how bad their situation is likely to get.

They are losing games with SU, Pitt and WVU, which were some of the best ones they had on their schedule. And they are adding games with SMU, Houston and Central Florida.

UConn could be heading into a downward spiral in BB.

At the same time, their crosstown competition in College Park, MD is picking up games with SU and Pitt.

If GU basketball were a stock, I'd be shorting it right now. And Men's BB is all they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom