JT3 wants to continue GU-SU series | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JT3 wants to continue GU-SU series

Stupid poll

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if they are "delusional" or not. But they don't appear to have a very good sense of just how bad their situation is likely to get.

They are losing games with SU, Pitt and WVU, which were some of the best ones they had on their schedule. And they are adding games with SMU, Houston and Central Florida.

UConn could be heading into a downward spiral in BB.

At the same time, their crosstown competition in College Park, MD is picking up games with SU and Pitt.

If GU basketball were a stock, I'd be shorting it right now. And Men's BB is all they have.

Not to mention, their gutless.

The downward trend comment is funny. Now, I'm not as sold on Hopkins as others on the board may be, but I don't think JB is going anywhere in the immediate (call it 3 years or so) future and we've been really strong the last 3 years, and I don't see any particular reason to expect that to stop as long as JB is in charge.

That being said, I'd like us to still play Gtown.

I remember that, too. Like Tomcat said above, I think this is PR spin for when they don't play us in the future because their schedule is too full.

Correct, it was definitely JTIII that said it. I'm fairly certain it was in the post game press conference after our last game. He sounded down on the whole idea of playing Syracuse, although previously he had some statements in favor of continuing the rivalry. Bottom-line is that it will be a business and strategy decision, not one based on fan desires or historical relevance. For the reasons pointed out, GTown is clearly more in need of the game than SU, but with a freaking 20 game conference slate, I would bet this series will die out. I would much rather play UConn than GTown, frankly. Either game should be at MSG if played, imo.

I just don't feel the rivalry on court anymore. I can't stand their fans or their coach, but a matchup with Georgetown does not get me any more worked up than a game against Providence.

Really? Providence????

I'd give you that, in 2012, it may be no bigger than UCONN, Louisville, or even Nova and St. Johns.

But G'Town is still a pretty big game and one the team, alumni, and Dome fans seem to ALWAYS get psyched up for.

To compare 'Cuse/Georgetown to a game versus Providence is clearly nothing more than embellishment on your part.

Really? Providence????

I'd give you that, in 2012, it may be no bigger than UCONN, Louisville, or even Nova and St. Johns.

But G'Town is still a pretty big game and one the team, alumni, and Dome fans seem to ALWAYS get psyched up for.

To compare 'Cuse/Georgetown to a game versus Providence is clearly nothing more than embellishment on your part.
Yes, to me, it is no bigger game than Providence. Perhaps a touch bigger, but I don't even equate them with the Georgetown of old. I remember, as a teenager in the mid to late 80's, dreading Georgetown. They were tough, they were mean and they were good. Into the early 90's with Mourning and Motumbo, they carried the same attitude. Somewhere in the past 10 years or so, I have lost any fear of their team. Just my feeling.

Really hope both schools find a way to keep the rivalry going, especially at hone sites. Don't like the game at MSG.

A non conference game between the schools could be even MORE intense. One game for all the bragging rights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom