Class of 2019 - JUCO DT Tysheik Galloway (SC / Coffeyville) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO DT Tysheik Galloway (SC / Coffeyville)

From his HUDL it looks like he was at Jireh Prep in Matthews NC, 2018-2019.
Then Coffeyville CC, Kansas in 2020-2021

Believe he attended HS with Jatius Geer at Nonea Path HS in SC. Jatius was a sophomore when Tysheik was a senior in 2019.

And Oliver too. They're getting the band back together.

Posted in the Oliver thread but pretty sure Galloway is a ‘23 Juco and was at cuse because of Oliver (they’re brothers). He has another season to play at Juco (assuming he didn’t qualify out of prep).

Posted in the Oliver thread but pretty sure Galloway is a ‘23 Juco and was at cuse because of Oliver (they’re brothers). He has another season to play at Juco (assuming he didn’t qualify out of prep).
Agree. Only a frosh on the Coffeyville web site. I believe non-qualifiers have to get that associates degree before they can move on to a 4 year school….

He's actually older than Oliver. Originally a class of 2019 prospect.

He's actually older than Oliver. Originally a class of 2019 prospect.
Right and if he only played 1 year at Coffeyville he may have redshirted. Definitely need more intel on him.

Agree. Only a frosh on the Coffeyville web site. I believe non-qualifiers have to get that associates degree before they can move on to a 4 year school….
According to his twitter bio he has a 3.4 GPA. I guess it may depend on what courses he took at Jireh Prep. Did he take college courses? Use to be that kids transferred to JUCO so they wouldn't have to sit a year.

According to his twitter bio he has a 3.4 GPA. I guess it may depend on what courses he took at Jireh Prep. Did he take college courses?
That's right he was at Prep for a year.

2019 HS Senior
2020 Jireh Prep
2021 Coffeyville

If he was a qualifier out of Jireh he may very well be 3 to play 3.

According to his twitter bio he has a 3.4 GPA. I guess it may depend on what courses he took at Jireh Prep. Did he take college courses? Use to be that kids transferred to JUCO so they wouldn't have to sit a year.

The key distinction is whether he was a non-qualifier or not, not that he's at a JUCO.

If he was fully qualified out of HS, but opted to go to a JUCO for exposure [or just to play], then he's free to transfer at any time to a four-year university without having to sit out. He could even transfer at ANY POINT to a D1 program -- example, after 1 semester, or after 1 year, etc. because they are eligible.

If he was a non-qualifier, then he has to complete the associate's degree at the JUCO level to gain D1 eligibility.

How long he's been at the JUCO is irrelevant to transferring, it all comes down to whether he's eligible or not.

Would be a nice pickup, hope this works out.

From what I’ve heard, I would assume he’s a qualifier

However, could be mistaken on that

From a football schematic perspective. Tell me why you guys think he is a fit for what we do defensively?

From a football schematic perspective. Tell me why you guys think he is a fit for what we do defensively?
From what I've seen you say about 3-3-5 he does not, don't we need agile big men that can take out multiple gaps etc?

From what I've seen you say about 3-3-5 he does not, don't we need agile big men that can take out multiple gaps etc?

We also need guys who can occupy a double team / stuff the run / plug the middle on clear running plays. We didn't have anybody like that last season.

Exactly

But we have to be able to switch things around, too. Not everyone can be a mid-sized, versatile, swiss army knife, utility player. You also need guys who can hold up at the point of attack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom