Class of 2018 - JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Two real nice pickups today, and I really like this kid's tape. Excited to see what this staff will do in the next week and a half before the early signing day.
What are you hearing with our chances for Vettorello and Woodyard?

If he's a December grad and enrolled next semester would he count against last years numbers?

Yeah, those days are over thank god. The SEC has learned how to exploit the numbers game over the years like nobodies business. Glad to see some hard and fast rules about that now.
If I am correct, it is also one of the reasons now that if you lose a grad transfer at the end of the season, that doesn’t add #’s to that years class, I believe it will go to the following years. On one of my premium sites, the mods always tell us “don’t worry about the numbers, they will work themselves out” and “if they are at their max and a school really wants him, they will find a way”. That’s over now too. If a 5* wants to transfer to your school and you are out of ships, there is no more fudging the numbers or playing with last years or next years class. If you’re full, you’re full.

Yeah, those days are over thank god. The SEC has learned how to exploit the numbers game over the years like nobodies business. Glad to see some hard and fast rules about that now.
If I am correct, it is also one of the reasons now that if you lose a grad transfer at the end of the season, that doesn’t add #’s to that years class, I believe it will go to the following years. On one of my premium sites, the mods always tell us “don’t worry about the numbers, they will work themselves out” and “if they are at their max and a school really wants him, they will find a way”. That’s over now too. If a 5* wants to transfer to your school and you are out of ships, there is no more fudging the numbers or playing with last years or next years class. If you’re full, you’re full.
A grad transfer doesn't count towards a recruiting class...only towards the 85 maximum.

Anyone else think 240 is a little high based on the pic that was posted?
I once had a lady tell me she sensed some tone in my email! In his more recent pics from the visit, I'd say he checks all the height and weight numbers. If we're using pics to justify numbers.

I once had a lady tell me she sensed some tone in my email! In his more recent pics from the visit, I'd say he checks all the height and weight numbers. If we're using pics to justify numbers.

Relax man, I’m sensing some anger in this post.

Plugging holes with quality concrete
Are we making progress in signing special players? Especially with the new, early signing period. Congratulations to Dino and staff. Think DB had his eyes on these prizes knowing Parris Bennet and Zaire Franklin were finishing their careers at SU. All of a sudden two linebackers commit this weekend out of nowhere?!
Check out the stats on Lakiem, below. Now that’s a linebacker I believe that will put many opposing QB’s on their backs, 6’2” 240 with a 4.43 40! They just keep getting bigger and faster and stronger. We‘ve got a great one here boys and girls. That was Ray Lewis playing weight only Lakiem is an inch taller. GOSU!

Junior college linebacker Lakiem Williams committed to Syracuse on Sunday afternoon in a Tweet.

RESPECT MY DECISION !! 100% Committed Alll the Glory to God!! #4 #ACC@CoachBabersCuse @BWardDCoord @Coach_Snelling @TFordFSP pic.twitter.com/tLo7bdhlCO

— QB Nightmare (@williams_lakiem) December 10, 2017

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker plays at Butte (California) College and committed to Syracuse shunning offers from the likes of Toledo, Houston and Kansas. He runs a 4.43 second 40-yard dash, per his Hudl.com profile, as well as bench pressing 365 pounds and squatting 630.

Williams took an official visit to Syracuse on Dec. 8 before committing two days later. Texas linebacker Martrevious Allison also committed to Syracuse on Sunday. Previously, Syracuse had two linebackers committed in the Class of 2018: three-stars Juan Wallace and Ja’Qurius Smith. Track the rest of Syracuse’s Class of 2018 here.

Texas linebacker Martrevious Allison also committed to Syracuse on Sunday. Previously, Syracuse had two linebackers committed in the Class of 2018: three-stars Juan Wallace and Ja’Qurius Smith.

... with quality concrete
Are we making progress in signing special players? Especially with the new, early signing period. Congratulations to Dino and staff. Think DB had his eyes on these prizes knowing Parris Bennet and Zaire Franklin were finishing their careers at SU. All of a sudden two linebackers commit this weekend out of nowhere?!
Check out the stats on Lakiem, below. Now that’s a linebacker I believe that will put many opposing QB’s on their backs, 6’2” 240 with a 4.43 40! They just keep getting bigger and faster and stronger. We‘ve got a great one here boys and girls. That was Ray Lewis playing weight only Lakiem is an inch taller. GOSU!

Junior college linebacker Lakiem Williams committed to Syracuse on Sunday afternoon in a Tweet.

RESPECT MY DECISION !! 100% Committed Alll the Glory to God!! #4 #ACC@CoachBabersCuse @BWardDCoord @Coach_Snelling @TFordFSP pic.twitter.com/tLo7bdhlCO

— QB Nightmare (@williams_lakiem) December 10, 2017

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker plays at Butte (California) College and committed to Syracuse shunning offers from the likes of Toledo, Houston and Kansas. He runs a 4.43 second 40-yard dash, per his Hudl.com profile, as well as bench pressing 365 pounds and squatting 630.

Williams took an official visit to Syracuse on Dec. 8 before committing two days later. Texas linebacker Martrevious Allison also committed to Syracuse on Sunday. Previously, Syracuse had two linebackers committed in the Class of 2018: three-stars Juan Wallace and Ja’Qurius Smith. Track the rest of Syracuse’s Class of 2018 here.

Texas linebacker Martrevious Allison also committed to Syracuse on Sunday. Previously, Syracuse had two linebackers committed in the Class of 2018: three-stars Juan Wallace and Ja’Qurius Smith.
Toledo, Houston and Kansas doesn't scream big time get to me.

I'm trying to figure that one out. 2 g5's (albeit good ones), and a mediocre fcs.

But the guy sounds like a monster...

Houston and Toledo have both been a better than us over the last few years. Maybe not "big time" - but solid. We're Syracuse - as long as the top of our board has guys with multiple P5 offers, you can get quality at this level too. Building depth and who knows, maybe he ends up as a steal?

A grad transfer doesn't count towards a recruiting class...only towards the 85 maximum.
Sorry man, but you are 100% wrong. They would absolutely count against the years class that they attend. Think about it, how could they not?

Wrong on two counts, I think ;)

"Man" is a woman. And Grad transfers don't count.
Sorry for that TheCusian :) but you are completely wrong. Go look it up and get back to me. In years past, you could take a grad transfer and push him towards the following years class. Take one this year and going forward and they will Count towards that years class. If you don’t have a spot, you won’t get him anymore.

His offers are mediocre for sure. If he at a minimum provides quality depth and improves our special teams (kick coverage) allowing a freshman to redshirt them I'm fine with it I guess.

I love the Allison commit at LB though. I think he's got the tools to be a big time LB for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom