Class of 2020 - JUCO LB Lonnie Rice (PA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO LB Lonnie Rice (PA) Decommitted from Syracuse

This is a really really really quality get.

This is a player that can flourish in our defense if he puts on a little more muscle and starts day 1 as hard as Wax and Thompson did
I think he’s a really good fit for this system.

Another marketing graphic i question. 200 lbs? Certainly hope not. Pretty sure that is another inaccuracy on their part.

Edit: I thought this was Lackawanna referencing a Syracuse marketing tweet but I guess this was probably done by Lackawanna. Still assume this is a typo on the weight.

LONNIE RICE '20 / BUFFALO/LACKAWANNA CC, SCRANTON, PA
#3 *** 6' 1" 220 LB // BP 300 // BP 185 x 14 // SQ 300 // DL 325 // CL 200

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
MULTI TALENTED PLAYER//USED AS RB/QB/LB
FAST
AGGRESSIVE
STRONG/HITS VERY HARD
AS RB ELUSIVE & FAST W GRACEFUL STRIDES
EXC JUKES & FAKES
THROWS A GOOD BALL

ANOTHER VERY TALENTED PLAYER WHO NEEDS TO PLAY FOR A GOOD SCHOOL PREFERABLY SU

OlWArW_I_400x400.jpg
UPDATE 3/13/23 Apolgies /missed this commit.

LONNIE RICE '20 / BUFFALO/LACKAWANNA CC, SCRANTON, PA COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE 12/19/22
#3 *** 6' 1" 220 LB // BP 300 // BP 185 x 14 // SQ 300 // DL 325 // CL 200//// 40 NA, EST 4.4

3_Lonnie_Rice.jpg

FjvCJH7XoAMSYqx

Before SU: Spent the past two seasons at Lackawanna Community College, where he was the team’s second-leading tackler (39.0) this season after redshirting in 2021 … He also led the team with 12.5 tackles for loss and had 4.5 sacks, two pass breakups, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries … Played his high school ball for Bishop McDevitt under head coach Mike Watkins, where he played quarterback … Three-time All-State selection as a DB and twice earned the honor as a quarterback … First Team All-Catholic Tallied 1,659 passing yards and 15 TDs through the air, while rushing for 1,102 yards and 17 touchdowns during his senior season … Racked up 4,672 yards from scrimmage in his high school career … Three-time team captain … Also competed in track and field where he was an all-state javelin thrower.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
AGGRESSIVE
STRONG/HITS VERY HARD
EXC JUKES & FAKES
THROWS A GOOD BALL

ANOTHER VERY TALENTED PLAYER WHO NEEDS TO PLAY FOR A GOOD SCHOOL PREFERABLY SU!

NICE GET

Last edited:
UPDATE 3/13/23 Apolgies /missed this commit.

LONNIE RICE '20 / BUFFALO/LACKAWANNA CC, SCRANTON, PA COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE 12/19/22
#3 *** 6' 1" 220 LB // BP 300 // BP 185 x 14 // SQ 300 // DL 325 // CL 200

3_Lonnie_Rice.jpg

Before SU: Spent the past two seasons at Lackawanna Community College, where he was the team’s second-leading tackler (39.0) this season after redshirting in 2021 … He also led the team with 12.5 tackles for loss and had 4.5 sacks, two pass breakups, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries … Played his high school ball for Bishop McDevitt under head coach Mike Watkins, where he played quarterback … Three-time All-State selection as a DB and twice earned the honor as a quarterback … First Team All-Catholic Tallied 1,659 passing yards and 15 TDs through the air, while rushing for 1,102 yards and 17 touchdowns during his senior season … Racked up 4,672 yards from scrimmage in his high school career … Three-time team captain … Also competed in track and field where he was an all-state javelin thrower.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
AGGRESSIVE
STRONG/HITS VERY HARD
EXC JUKES & FAKES
THROWS A GOOD BALL

ANOTHER VERY TALENTED PLAYER WHO NEEDS TO PLAY FOR A GOOD SCHOOL PREFERABLY SU!

NICE GET
So,what exactly is he? A safety?

So,what exactly is he? A safety?
NO. I believe we will find him at the LB position @ 6' 1" 220. He can gain muscle weight to get him to 230 - 235. Fast. Will be able to drop back into pass coverage with his speed.
@ Bishop McDevitt, the team’s second-leading tackler (39.0) this season after redshirting in 2021 … He also led the team with 12.5 tackles for loss and had 4.5 sacks, two pass breakups, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries … All State x3 at the position.

He wasn't a take...... Oh wait forgot to switch to my Rutgers account.

Wasn’t he already on campus? Or did he not enroll early? I thought he did.

Man this off-season is the gift that keeps on giving.

Wasn’t he already on campus? Or did he not enroll early? I thought he did.

Man this off-season is the gift that keeps on giving.
Complete opposite of last off season

I hope for his sake that he has a new home already.

Didn’t he sign with Syracuse? Does SU have to grant him a release?
Not sure how it works because he never enrolled on campus. However he did sign so maybe he needs a release.
Strange time to decommit considering the first early enrollment period is in like three weeks. Maybe he did not make grades. However the school is usually pretty good about making sure the player qualifies before they sign their letter of intent.
Maybe it was mutual between the player and su. We will never know.
Portal time

Yes, he did sign on 12/19/22.

Not sure how getting out of that works.

Juco kid. Could well be grades, but of course that is a pure guess

Found this:

What Is the National Letter of Intent (NLI)?​

The NLI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and the college/university.

The student agrees to attend the school full-time for at least one academic year. In exchange, the school agrees to provide financial aid to that student for at least one year.

If the student changes his mind, he is free to leave the school. However, he can lose his financial aid and may be prohibited from playing the sport at another school for one season. That's why you often see transfers sitting out for a year after arriving at a new school.

Unless it is a grade issue.

I gave him a great EVAL. Now I feel like he took advantage of SU and it makes me feel, Ican't find the word at the moment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom